Away day train survey

acton28.blog

Team supported
CITY/Aberystwyth Town
The FSA has partnered with key rail industry stakeholders the Rail Delivery Group (RDG) to help them understand the issues that matchgoers face when travelling by rail throughout the season.

Might be worth nothing, but less nothing than doing absolutely nothing.

I'd have thought this was obvious:
Too few seats available
No return trains after evening games (or Sunday tea-time games)
No outbound trains suitable for some early games
No direct trains
No butties and cheap drinks supplied by Howard, Charlie, Cheesy and a few others from the supporters club.
Station nowhere near stadium in some towns with poor transport links

Biggest issue for me is the ridiculously early time that they pack up for the evening.

People I know in the industry say that’s because they need to do engineering work, particularly on a Saturday night into Sunday. But is this a new thing because you used to be able to get trains all through the night? There was a 00.30 train to London for many years for example.

Not being able to get home after a 5.30 KO is a bit shit really, unless you were at like Inverness Away. But it seems to be the case at most non local games these days.

Someone said the last train back to London last Saturday when we played Chelsea was 6 something. That’s an absolute joke of a service. ( If it’s true obviously)

I take the train everywhere. For 3pm matches, I like to get there for Noon for peace of mind. I’m regularly delayed.

For Farsley v Hereford, I got as far as Hebden Bridge due to cancellations and ended up watching City v Liverpool in Rochdale!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.