Away tickets price cap next 3 seasons

This is fantastic news. The Premier League offer a fantastic product and they deserve credit here. Scudamore and co done a good job.

The game is really health in England (financially and structurally). You go to Spain or any foreign country and do away fans travel? do they feck ! this is protecting that tradition.

Too many negative stories around football at the minute, it is good to see something positive.

Ok it's a step in the right direction, acknowleding at least that tickets are a rip off.

This benefit will only be noticed at say the Emirates or the Swamp where you'll pay significantly more than £30.
At many away grounds it's nearer to the £30 cap anyway.

The big hurdle for financial cost of attending matches (for me) is the cost of Travel.
I was desperate to go to Bournemouth away, have enough LP's to get a ticket but £121 for the fucking train?
Virgin can fuck right off.

Sort out the cost of trains in this country, companies knowing when matches are on and to make more profit are eager to up the prices as they know football fans
will be booking train tickets.

This has turned me off aways the most - Travel cost.
I'm aware coach travel is available but still you're talking average £30 for the coach.
Cheaper than the train but much longer journeys.

This is fantastic news. The Premier League offer a fantastic product and they deserve credit here. Scudamore and co done a good job.

The game is really health in England (financially and structurally). You go to Spain or any foreign country and do away fans travel? do they feck ! this is protecting that tradition.

Too many negative stories around football at the minute, it is good to see something positive.

To be fair, the distances involved for away fans in countries such as France, Germany and Spain can be much higher than they are in England.

Well done to everyone for making this happen.

This is why The English Premier League is and will forever be the most exciting and best league in World football.

To be fair, the distances involved for away fans in countries such as France, Germany and Spain can be much higher than they are in England.

Well done to everyone for making this happen.

They don't even go when they travel in the same city (Madrid for instance) all johnny come latelys.

Ok it's a step in the right direction, acknowleding at least that tickets are a rip off.

This benefit will only be noticed at say the Emirates or the Swamp where you'll pay significantly more than £30.
At many away grounds it's nearer to the £30 cap anyway.

The big hurdle for financial cost of attending matches (for me) is the cost of Travel.
I was desperate to go to Bournemouth away, have enough LP's to get a ticket but £121 for the fucking train?
Virgin can fuck right off.

Sort out the cost of trains in this country, companies knowing when matches are on and to make more profit are eager to up the prices as they know football fans
will be booking train tickets.

This has turned me off aways the most - Travel cost.
I'm aware coach travel is available but still you're talking average £30 for the coach.
Cheaper than the train but much longer journeys.

Not Virgin that mate to be fair - it's Crosscountry Trains that are responsible for that one. I did say in the Bournemouth travel thread forum that you can go via London for around £55 and it doesn't take any longer than the direct train - get one of those day Travelcards for the Manc to London leg on Virgin for just over £40 and a special advance return on South West Trains from Waterloo to Bournemouth for £15.

That said, I agree wholeheartedly that train prices on the whole are too high and as someone that much prefers the rattler to the coach these days I do find it annoying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.