Aymeric Laporte - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running forward suddenly, exposed us more.

If City are going to play with defenders passing the ball, then City are going to have defenders getting it wrong from time to time. We are in great position to fix it, until Garcia fucks it up.

But Lyon were fucking hopeless too, got it wrong & were given a goal which should not have been allowed.

We really shouldn't be writing him off, I remember when he was conceding for fun and dropping points, then he came back from injury, think it was against sheff utd away? And shown the rest of the defence how to actually do their job.

I don't think it's helping he has a different CB next to him every game. You just have to look at some of the great teams.

He had a very poor game last night, not just the second goal. Needs to be given a proper rest to recover from his lay off and time to rehabilitate into the team. Ake can allow that to happen.

He’s obviously not had a good season but he gets a pass because of his injury problems.

We the fans and possibly also the coaching staff were guilty of overrating him and consequently being too keen to rush him back too soon.

He’s young for a centre half and if he plays alongside a top class commanding colleague next year I’m sure he’ll thrive, if we don’t buy one then I think he might disappoint again

Not sure he has got back to full fitness this season. It was a bad injury and I don’t think he would have played as much if Otta and Stones hadn’t fallen off a cliff. Hoping he gets some rest and comes back the player we know he is

He's a great player but I don't think he's a leader or someone who can organize the back 4. We need someone with those qualities (and pace) next to him to form a real partnership. He has exceptional quality but is prone to brain farts. Still, he's essential to our team and was missed. He needs to dust off any rustiness from an uneven season real quick.

He's too slow to be the wide CB in a back 3, centrally in that kind of setup is better.

A back 3 of Ake-Laporte-Walker is probably pretty strong, the wide CBs are fast here, Mendy and Cancelo would be the wingbacks.

Although, if we buy another CB, then I'd prefer to just make that a back 4 and have Ake and Walker played inverted instead.

I’d hate to break it to you all, but expecting defenders to have 0 brain farts is like expecting a striker to finish all his chances. It just doesn’t happen ever. Van Dijk has brain farts too.

Fuck Deschamps. Hasn't called Laporte up to the France NT again after he got hurt before he could report last time.

Fuck Deschamps. Hasn't called Laporte up to the France NT again after he got hurt before he could report last time.

That's the price you pay for having regular brain farts! Deschamps is a very strict and focused manager, we are talking about the current world cup champions, Varane, Upemecano have all performed tremendously this season, I know Laporte has had to deal with his injuries but Deschamps isn't the type to give players a pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.