#14 | Aymeric Laporte - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think even more importantly, Dias was excellent on the left side of the pair.

Which means if Stones does find his form again, he could potentially partner Dias, so Laporte has competition with Stones and Aké for his spot.

Which I think he needs to be honest. This is a massive season for Laporte, fucking up in 1 CL quarter final can happen, fucking up in 2 consecutively is pretty unlucky...if he fucks up in a third CL quarter final/semi final then he's done, you can't rely on him in big games.
Think Dias plays LCB for Portugal? Such a good option for us having a CB that can play great on both sides. Put simply, it makes him our most important CB. Laporte has been eclipsed.

ottenham and Lyon aside I really feel like I'm missing something. He doesn't seem off to m
I think his problem is that he has been off the pitch more than on it recently.
Needs to get a run of games in but if Stones keeps his form he may struggle to get back in

I think his problem is that he has been off the pitch more than on it recently.
Needs to get a run of games in but if Stones keeps his form he may struggle to get back in
I think we get ahead of ourselves really fast. Because Stones was imperious against mighty Burnley, you make this suggestion?

If Stones gets his form back we have a noce alternative formation with three quality centre backs and two atttacking wing backs , 5-4-1 , in games we have to win and yet show caution not much would get past an inform Stones , Dias and Laporte.

If Stones gets his form back we have a noce alternative formation with three quality centre backs and two atttacking wing backs , 5-4-1 , in games we have to win and yet show caution not much would get past an inform Stones , Dias and Laporte.
The problem is Stones hasn’t managed more than about 10 consecutive good games in 4 years. Laporte has had about 4 bad games in all his time here.

I hope Stones can pull it together because it means we can focus on strengthening other parts of the team because Dias has really inked himself in.

The problem is Stones hasn’t managed more than about 10 consecutive good games in 4 years. Laporte has had about 4 bad games in all his time here.

I hope Stones can pull it together because it means we can focus on strengthening other parts of the team because Dias has really inked himself in.

So true , i wouldnt be surprised if Pep announced he has a strain and is out for a fortnight , he has had a horrendous injury record over the last 18 months , he needs to keep fit to get back in the side , on form and fully fit he is the best English centre back in the Premier league.

Laporte made some mistakes which cost us dearly, spurs 1st goal was last one.

I think we get ahead of ourselves really fast. Because Stones was imperious against mighty Burnley, you make this suggestion?
I said if Stones continues like he has for the last couple of games.
Remember that Stones was probably being Otamendi and Garcia towards the end of last season.
We have a much improved situation this season where we now have Ake and Dias and a currently fit Stones now added to Laporte.
Pep also has a liking towards Garcia and wants him to stay at City.
The competition is great at the moment and if Laporte ( or any other centre back ) is out for a while I can't see them walking straight back into the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.