Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would prefer us to give Mangala another season and keep Denayer.

sam-caddick said:
Say goodbye to Denayer if he comes.
Isn't Denayer right sided ? It would more likely goodbye Rekik, with Den ayer going on loan for one more year then coming back to replace Demechelis.

Anyone here seen Laporte? He is breathtakingly good at times, perfect for the high line. Tall, fast, composed and reads the game much better than Mangala. Seen him cut out 2-on-1 situations in Bilbao's high line. If Mangala can switch to RCB, these two could be a top partnership in future. Or him and Denayer if Denayer can cut it in a tougher league (something everyone instantly assumes he will be able to).

Kompany is on his 6th injury of the season and can't be trusted to play a full year, Demichelis is almost finished... if an elite young player like this comes up and you have a budget as big as ours supposedly is, you go and get him. Or else in two years it's "WHY DIDN'T WE SIGN HIM WHEN WE HAD THE CHANCE!?" like we have heard many times with players like Verratti.

This is forward planning if we sign him instead of doing everything when it stares us in the face, like the mess we face this summer. Remember, Laporte would come straight from an excellent league and a top youth production line.

Don't get me wrong, I think he is a fantastic player I just don't understand why we would spend £30 million on a position that shouldn't be the priority. Yes, our center backs have been awful at times but unless we're getting rid of Kompany or Mangala, I see no reason to go for a center back.

I've only seen Laporte once or twice but if RM and Barca are really after him he must be worth a look, obviously.

Rekik does not seem fast enough to play a high line they way we apparently want to. So if we wanted Laporte you could be looking at Mangala, him, Denayer, and Kompany as your options in two years.

Denayer would probably be loaned out next year anyway.

Look at it this way - if there is actual thought of paying this much for a CB then obviously there is going to be a lot of spending elsewhere also.

If he's better than what we have,we can make room for him,and we can afford him,while not neglecting other priorities,then where's the problem?

It would be strange seeing us spend 60m on two left footed defenders in Mangala and Laporte but if the club feel he is the way forward then so be it.

Mangala and Laporte on the left and Kompany and Denayer on the right, Demichelis as an emergency defender.

Nobody waste money like we do.

I hope this summer we will invest money where investment is needed.

I don't get the problem here. If he is a top defender, young, fast and tough and CB has been our weakest link this year, why is anyone against it.
Kompany is injury prone, and not currently playing well. Demichelis is one year older. Boyata says he is considering being off.

So here is what we are left with one young defender who hasn't hit his full potential yet in Mangala, an injury prone Captain who has been off form all season and an aging vet.

So why are we opposed to bringing in talent for competition? If he is as talented as been suggested, then I will welcome his addition. It has been an underperforming position.

And as for the youth team defenders, if the youth players are good enough, they'll make it and if not they'd be moved on for a profit with buy back first options.

Let competition and merit push the best to the top, and the rest can be moved.

Unless some want to argue he isn't good enough, if he is, and we are weak at the position, get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.