Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
citytill1die84 said:
With Demichelis signed up for another year CD is not an area we need to look at.

I disagree.

Demichelis is not at an age where he can be relied upon,his last few performances have shown we require better if a sustained run in the side is needed.

Kompany obviously has injury concerns,Mangala is adapting,Boyata will be off and Denayer and Rekik are untested at this level.

Somehow,we we have to muster a top class,consistent pairing from that bunch - so,IMO,centre half is very much an area of concern.

FantasyIreland said:
citytill1die84 said:
With Demichelis signed up for another year CD is not an area we need to look at.

I disagree.

Demichelis is not at an age where he can be relied upon,his last few performances have shown we require better if a sustained run in the side is needed.

Kompany obviously has injury concerns,Mangala is adapting,Boyata will be off and Denayer and Rekik are untested at this level.

Somehow,we we have to muster a top class,consistent pairing from that bunch - so,IMO,centre half is very much an area of concern.

Either Denayer or Rekik will shine this year for us as a rotational player. Both have stood out in championship winning sides and are national team players. It's time for at least one of them to shine. I'd be disappointed if we sign another CB, as Kompany, Mangala and MDM will occupy 3 of 4 spots, leaving the 4th open to either of these, unless management has designs on converting one of them to a FB position.

FantasyIreland said:
Is Denayer not a solid young centre back?
He is. But he is untested in a top league, so there is the risk factor to worry about. But I think he can step up well if given the chance. But I'd rather we didn't leave things to chance :)

Dax777 said:
He is. But he is untested in a top league, so there is the risk factor to worry about. But I think he can step up well if given the chance. But I'd rather we didn't leave things to chance :)

I feel the same way and also about Vieira. Many seem enamored by the idea of us being a club that promote from within, which is a lovely concept, but we have to be realistic. Even Barcelona are struggling to produce 1st teamers from their academy compared to in the past, because the competition is so intense, meaning you have to spend truckloads (Neymar, Suarez) and just leave the door ajar in case any of the academy boys are good enough.

And I really do think Denayer could be good enough - but the keyword is 'could' and if Laporte, who IS good enough already for any defence in the world IMO (and is excellent at playing the high line), is available, go and get him and either rid of someone else (Demichelis) to make space for Denayer or don't cave in to media/fan pressure of putting kids in the 1st team ASAP and loan Denayer out to a difficult league - which could be better for him and us long-term.

Or Denayer could just walk out when we sign this geezer, & be snapped up, & played, by pretty much any top club in Europe, which is exactly what I would do in his position, if the club decided to buy some other bloke rather than have a look at me, after the fantastic season I've just had at every level.

What would be the point in staying ?

Boyata out < Demichelis out < Kompany < Mangala & Laporte -------- 100%

Rekik and Denayer = ? Potential in premier

Aymeric-Laporte-vs-Messi.jpg

1428890-30574655-2560-1440.jpg

Via Fusa
Técnica / 8
Es un defensor limpio. Bueno en el corte, va bien de cabeza, sabe hacer entradas y también jugar a ras de pasto. Es zurdo y evita el perfil contrario, aunque no lo hace tan mal.
Regate / 8
Ser defensa no es impedimento para que, con mucha sangre fría, Laporte intente llevarse a algunos contrarios.
Velocidad / 9
Parecería que, por su altura, no es muy rápido pero su reacción es muy veloz. Siempre atento para la anticipación.
Capacidad goleadora / 6
No es la principal función de un defensor, pero podría sacarle más provecho a su 1.89 en táctica fija.
Colocación / 9
Con excelente concentración, suele espejear la posición del rival para que no lo agarren mal parado.
Asistencias / 6
Muy pobre en este aspecto. Al igual que con el gol, no es lo que se le exige.
Cabeceo / 9
Su fuerza y altura automáticamente le dan una clara ventaja en el juego aéreo.
Físico / 9
Alto, fuerte y veloz, sus cualidades físicas le permiten ganar la mayoría de duelos uno contra uno en los que se ve involucrado.
Golpeo / 9
Buena técnica para los pases largos. Mérito de su inteligencia, sabe darle salida al balón. Se marca unos cambios de juego
Personalidad / 8
Es un jugador centrado que mantiene un perfil discreto. En la cancha busca la competencia leal, fuera de ella no se presta a polémicas.
Futuro / 9
Su buen presente sólo puede augurar un mejor futuro. Todavía tiene mucho por ganar y parece que su progresión va por el camino correcto

Si llega y le dan oportunidades de titular puede que tenga uno que otro error como Mangala pero seguro dara la talla si le dan más partidos junto a Mangala.

City podria tener una de las duplas defensivas con mayor futuro y de las mejores. También puede jugar de lateral derecho aunque haria un trabajo similar a Sagna en partidos de peso se podria hacer.
Kompany puede adelantarse como una especie de Pivote.Aunque su labor de capitan pesa y ademas su relacion con el club pero seguro entraria en las rotaciones
Rekik y Denayer como dicen muchos necesitan probarse en ligas de mayor peso.
Boyata no aprovecho los pocos partidos que le dieron y no mostro nada, su salida es inminente.
Demichelis 34 años como pretendes un futuro?

Neville Kneville said:
Or Denayer could just walk out when we sign this geezer, & be snapped up, & played, by pretty much any top club in Europe, which is exactly what I would do in his position, if the club decided to buy some other bloke rather than have a look at me, after the fantastic season I've just had at every level.

First saw Denayer early last season for the EDS and was amazed by how accomplished he was; as you say, there comes a point where we put the chequebook down and give him a chance, because somebody else will.

The only exception I'd make is John Stones; as a player, he's the closest thing I've ever seen to a young Nesta and he's as good as anything in Europe for his age, barring maybe Varane. Future England captain and would have been, and still is, attainable for us last summer but we went for the dubious foreign option as always, and I see us doing the same this summer as well; it'll be sickening to see him join a direct rival instead. Mourinho was raving about him after they played Everton in February.

You should always look within your club, and then within your league for players, only going abroad if the options in the first two categories are inept; in this case we have Denayer and then Stones, both of whom are certainly good enough. Having both of them at the club as the not-too-distant future centre back pairing would be a dream, and a very attainable one at that; unfortunately those who run our club at the minute don't seem to embrace such logic.

Denayer on loan to Everton to sweeten the Stones deal would be beneficial to both parties; Jagielka is a leader and would offer good guidance to Denayer, Martinez is a proven advocate of youth development and he'd be getting crucial top-level experience early enough for him to be ready for our first team by 22.

Again, Laporte's a superb talent and his credentials are far superior to those of Mangala, and the fact he'd still cost less than the him is testament to how ridiculous that transfer was. But with us owning Denayer and Stones being just up the road and available for about 2/3rds of the price it's not necessary to go abroad once again.

.A. said:
Neville Kneville said:

First saw Denayer early last season for the EDS and was amazed by how accomplished he was; as you say, there comes a point where we put the chequebook down and give him a chance, because somebody else will.

The only exception I'd make is John Stones; as a player, he's the closest thing I've ever seen to a young Nesta and he's as good as anything in Europe for his age, barring maybe Varane. Future England captain and would have been, and still is, attainable for us last summer but we went for the dubious foreign option as always, and I see us doing the same this summer as well; it'll be sickening to see him join a direct rival instead. Mourinho was raving about him after they played Everton in February.

You should always look within your club, and then within your league for players, only going abroad if the options in the first two categories are inept; in this case we have Denayer and then Stones, both of whom are certainly good enough. Having both of them at the club as the not-too-distant future centre back pairing would be a dream, and a very attainable one at that; unfortunately those who run our club at the minute don't seem to embrace such logic.

Denayer on loan to Everton to sweeten the Stones deal would be beneficial to both parties; Jagielka is a leader and would offer good guidance to Denayer, Martinez is a proven advocate of youth development and he'd be getting crucial top-level experience early enough for him to be ready for our first team by 22.

Again, Laporte's a superb talent and his credentials are far superior to those of Mangala, and the fact he'd still cost less than the him is testament to how ridiculous that transfer was. But with us owning Denayer and Stones being just up the road and available for about 2/3rds of the price it's not necessary to go abroad once again.

Rekik is better than Denayer.

ManCitizens. said:
.A. said:
Neville Kneville said:

Rekik is better than Denayer.

No he isn't.

Denayer is a superior defender than Rekik, he has the footballing ability to play holding midfield if he wanted to and his ceiling is much higher than Rekik's.

.A. said:
Neville Kneville said:

Do you really think we can get stones for less than 20 million?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.