Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ninjamonkey

The number of defenders issue is pretty much fixed though if we don't play them in midfield, which wouldn't have to happen if Pep had any faith in Phillips.

If he's staying, and if we aren't trying to force him to leave, he needs to step up and be an actual footballer this season.

Phillips is the rodri alternative, or should be. He's not going to be playing the role stones is playing where he's moving into midfield from cb or Rico Lewis moving into midfield from fullback. Not going to say never because pep can do anything but he's yet to set us up with 3 defenders on the pitch and don't expect he will do unless injuries force it upon him. 4 defenders always start.

Right but what do you expect Laporte to do, and what do you expect any new signing to do? Just sit on the bench and fill in for the 15 games we might need them for? It's not realistic. We have 8 defensive options (10 if you include Rodri and Phillips as last ditch CB options) - we achieved more with less last season.

I completely understand Laporte wanting to move on, down the pecking order, doesn't quite fit in the system and still an outstanding defender that could start for pretty much any side in europe, makes sense he would want out and l said nothing about that, what I said was if he's to leave, he needs replacing as it leaves us short on numbers again.

It's silly to include Phillips and rodri as defensive options, unless you're looking at the defensive unit as a 5. who plays in their positions if they're played out of position? If Laporte goes and assuming cancelo is following him and gomez isn't playing in defence then we've got 7 options for 4 spots.

last season we had 8 options by the close of the window and had to bring in rico lewis from the academy as the 9th because it proved 8 wasnt enough yet youre happy to go into the season with 1 less than what wasn't enough last season?

Arsenal have white, timber, tomiyasu, kiwor, saliba, Gabriel, zinchenko, Tierney, holding, 9 options, liverpool similar, United have about 10, chelsea have god knows how many. it's not only realistic, but is in actual fact the norm to have a minimum of 8 defenders in the squad

Phillips is the rodri alternative, or should be. He's not going to be playing the role stones is playing where he's moving into midfield from cb or Rico Lewis moving into midfield from fullback. Not going to say never because pep can do anything but he's yet to set us up with 3 defenders on the pitch and don't expect he will do unless injuries force it upon him. 4 defenders always start.

I completely understand Laporte wanting to move on, down the pecking order, doesn't quite fit in the system and still an outstanding defender that could start for pretty much any side in europe, makes sense he would want out and l said nothing about that, what I said was if he's to leave, he needs replacing as it leaves us short on numbers again.

It's silly to include Phillips and rodri as defensive options, unless you're looking at the defensive unit as a 5. who plays in their positions if they're played out of position? If Laporte goes and assuming cancelo is following him and gomez isn't playing in defence then we've got 7 options for 4 spots.

last season we had 8 options by the close of the window and had to bring in rico lewis from the academy as the 9th because it proved 8 wasnt enough yet youre happy to go into the season with 1 less than what wasn't enough last season?

Arsenal have white, timber, tomiyasu, kiwor, saliba, Gabriel, zinchenko, Tierney, holding, 9 options, liverpool similar, United have about 10, chelsea have god knows how many. it's not only realistic, but is in actual fact the norm to have a minimum of 8 defenders in the squad
Gvardiol/Gomez
Ake /Dias
Stones/Akanji
Walker/Lewis

Thats 8, 3 will be on the bench. we dont have space to carry a Laporte with the 2 attackers we want in. Gomez will be a squad filler at best out of that lot. Only so many spaces to go around.

I’d be hoping it’s £16m because he’s leaving Europe and it would be £40m+ if he was staying in the premier league or Europe

I’d be hoping it’s £16m because he’s leaving Europe and it would be £40m+ if he was staying in the premier league or Europe

Why do you believe it would be 16m?

I just don't understand how anyone can think there is any sense in it. Or that the club would do something that makes no sense.

Last edited:
Ah! £16mill? WTF! Ain’t £16mill shit happening for Eric!

giphy.gif

Why do you believe it would be 16m?

I just don't understand how anyone can think there is any sense in it. Or that the club would do something that makes no sense.
I’m just going off the rumour as is everyone else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.