Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laporte did play through injury despite needing surgery and perhaps he hasn't fully recovered from injury and isn't the same player. On top of that a little unfortunate that Akanji had settled. On face value it does look low but but got to be a little realistic here.

Last edited:
The lack of interest is reflected in the price. Not 1 decent team interested? Something going on that we are not privy to?

For what the player gave us I don’t have a problem with the fee. Look at Fred £11m. He cost the rags £50m.
I don't think the lack of interest is that strange. Us accepting such a low fee though, is. To me at least.
He was a great player for us and he put his body on the line to help us win the title in 2022.

But he obviously wanted to leave and he needs to play with the Euro's next summer, so unfortunately we got a paltry sum. Oh well, a shame though.

The fee is ridiculous to be honest. Cannot believe no one in Europe has taken him or even some PL clubs. A £40m-£50m player still Laporte. I'll be sad to see him go, he's been great for us but the defence is our strength so for his own career he's better moving on now. Can't blame him taking the Saudi money but I'm sure if he'd have had better offers in Europe he'd have taken it.

Absurdly low fee, given his ability and experience. Bizarre that other clubs weren’t in for him. He’d walk into pretty much any other team in the league imo.

City must be ok with the fee, presumably as it gets his wages off the books.

It is odd that the dipper shit **** was sold for so much more but I think those in charge know what is best for the club.

They must know there's been virtually no interest in him from other clubs therefore come in with a very modest offer and we accept knowing it's the best we're going to get.

I don't think the lack of interest is that strange. Us accepting such a low fee though, is. To me at least.
We didn’t seem to have much choice it seemed to be the only offer and if we want to bring 2 in then he needs to move. So as dissapointing as it is it’s no t really a surprise we would take it.

We can’t make top teams but him but I can’t for the life of me work out why a top team hadn’t come in for him. Won 5 premier leagues in 5 and a half seasons, starter for Spain, unbelievable that nobody wants him. Been a great servant to City

We didn’t seem to have much choice it seemed to be the only offer and if we want to bring 2 in then he needs to move. So as dissapointing as it is it’s no t really a surprise we would take it

Yeah I know. Still a bit shit. The Saudis of all, should be paying reasonable fees and you'd have thought if they were able to attract a player like Laporte, they could be pushed not to fuck it up by lowballing a transfer fee.

We can’t make top teams but him but I can’t for the life of me work out why a top team hadn’t come in for him. Won 5 premier leagues in 5 and a half seasons, starter for Spain, unbelievable that nobody wants him. Been a great servant to City
Feel the same about Bernardo, last 2 summers he’s been available supposedly for £70 mill and nobody has made a serious attempt to get him.

Curious why no European club came in for him considering he’s a current Spain international and being relative young for a central defender. Maybe his wages are an issue or something behind the scenes are putting clubs off. Probably it’s just chasing the cash like the rest of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.