Ayres Rock (Uluru).....Australia

They already factored that in. Part of the reason they felt they could go ahead with the closure is that only 16% of people that visit the area do so to climb. They've developed other tourist activities in recent years. It's also worth noting that most Australians, not just Aborignal Australians, support the decision.
It was said (somewhat) tongue in cheek. I will eventually get around to seeing the Northern Territory but i think I'll skip the segway tour around the rock (I'll stick to Kakadu NP). Shame that certain scumbag tourists ruin it for everyone else by shitting on/disrespecting the site.

It was said (somewhat) tongue in cheek. I will eventually get around to seeing the Northern Territory but i think I'll skip the segway tour around the rock (I'll stick to Kakadu NP). Shame that certain scumbag tourists ruin it for everyone else by shitting on/disrespecting the site.

It's the same everywhere and I really don't get it. Was on a walking holiday in Spain over Summer and it's unbelievable how many people think it's fine to leave shitty toilet paper on the floor. It seems to be the same people that argue that we should all have unconditional access to these places are often the ones that spoil them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.