Back up keeper?

With Bravo out of contract in Summer 2020 and possible transfer ban that Summer we may need to be thinking about a longer term number 2 this summer.

Feel free to tell me i am wrong but Bravo was not bought for his kicking, it is crap, if Pep wanted a goalie for his kicking he would have kept Cabellero whose kicking was and is far superior, Pep bought in Bravo because he knew he understood Peps style of play
It was obvious even from the start that Bravo was over the hill but Pep has loyalty and two years off the scene he is not going to improve Muric is better and getting better

First of all I'm a put this in here as it seems more relevant. I don't know where to start with this. It was widely known that Bravo was bought the first year because Pep's whole MO is playing out from the back and he needed a keeper to do so. We wanted Ter Stegen, but Barca was not willing to let him go so they gave us Bravo instead. If we didn't need a keeper who could play with his feet Pep would have kept Joe and gave him a chance like he did with Zabba, Sagna and Clichy. Even if they were past it he kept them until their contracts ran out out of loyalty. Also if Pep didn't want a goalie for his kicking like you say, why did we buy Ederson who is the best at it?

Caballero better than Bravo at kicking? Please go back to the World Cup and look at Caballero's highlights or should I say lowlights. Caballero was only brought in mid season because Bravo could not stop a shot to save his life.

I don't understand what you say that Bravo was brought because he understood Pep's style of play. He never played for him so how would he know? He went to Barca when Pep already had left. Or do you mean understood Pep's style of play like playing out of the back with his feet?

Last edited:
First of all I'm a put this in here as it seems more relevant. I don't know where to start with this. It was widely known that Bravo was bought the first year because Pep's whole MO is playing out from the back and he needed a keeper to do so. We wanted Ter Stegen, but Barca was not willing to let him go so they gave us Bravo instead. If we didn't need a keeper who could play with his feet Pep would have kept Joe and gave him a chance like he did with Zabba, Sagna and Clichy. Even if they were past it he kept them until their contracts ran out out of loyalty. Also if Pep didn't want a goalie for his kicking like you say, why did we buy Ederson who is the best at it?

Caballero better than Bravo at kicking? Please go back to the World Cup and look at Caballero's highlights or should I say lowlights. Caballero was only brought in mid season because Bravo could not stop a shot to save his life.

I don't understand what you say that Bravo was brought because he understood Pep's style of play. He never played for him so how would he know? He went to Barca when Pep already had left. Or do you mean understood Pep's style of play like playing out of the back with his feet?

1 Everything in your first paragraph is wrong apart from Bravo`s understanding of playing out from the back
2 I am not interested in the world cup whilst at City Caballero`s playing or kicking was far superior to Bravo`s and Caballero was bought in by Pellegini
3 Pep installed the Barca way. So Bravo did understand

1 Everything in your first paragraph is wrong apart from Bravo`s understanding of playing out from the back
2 I am not interested in the world cup whilst at City Caballero`s playing or kicking was far superior to Bravo`s and Caballero was bought in by Pellegini
3 Pep installed the Barca way. So Bravo did understand
Don't care what you think of Bravo as a keeper, but one thing that was far superior to Caballero was his passing and distribution. Thats why he’ll be number 2 next season as long as he’s recovered from his injury.

There must be something wrong with Bravo's recovery if we want to sign a 35 yo keeper from Eibar,
taking a foreign spot.

No idea how that makes sense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.