Bacon face £40 million Bid for Villa & Silva

Re: Bacon face £40 million Bid for Villa & Silva

40 million might just about buy them Villa but Silva would probs be another 20+.

I don't think they'll be in for Villa anyway cos he's too old for them

TaylorWill07 said:
Cookie monster said:
Let them have them. Neither will do well in England. They are both very weak and would just get bullied off the ball. Much rather have Ade and Bellamy thanks.

blue tints pal, both silva and villa are world class, cant 100% they will succeed in england because they havnt played here yet but so many people get written off before they come here, i.e ashervin and modric, both silva and villa are quality players in there respected positions, especially villa, there is no better finisher in the world than this guy.

Hasnt Villa said numerous times he wont leave Spain?

The Fat el Hombre said:
40 million might just about buy them Villa but Silva would probs be another 20+.

I don't think they'll be in for Villa anyway cos he's too old for them

Valencia have turned down a 45 mil bid from Barca this summer so they want definately more for him.

I'd say 50-55 mil for Villa and 30-35 mil for Silva (no less).

So both players would cost around 90-100 millions........

There was a reply on the 1st page about them being too weak for the english game ..... I've never watched either play so, cannot really comment other than to say .... the spaniards I have seen in England have done fine (Torres,Reyes,Campo)

Campo was a tough fooker,christ knows why Megson got rid The dog wanker released him from Ipswich by now age presumably

After completing the year with Valladolid, Campo returned to Valencia only to be released, joining recently promoted RCD Mallorca. In the Balearic Islands side, he formed a formidable partnership with Marcelino Elena (later of Newcastle United), as Mallorca finished fifth in 1997-98.

In 1998, Campo signed with Real Madrid, and contributed to Madrid's 2000 Champions League winning side, playing all 90 minutes of the final. However, after falling out of favor, he was sent to Bolton Wanderers F.C. on a one-year loan in August 2002. Following the 2002–03 season, Campo was expected to return to the Spanish capital, but unexpectedly signed a three-year permanent deal with the English club, deciding he preferred living in Bolton.

Bolton Wanderers
On 19 August 2006, in the first match of Bolton's new season, Campo scored a 43-yard drive which caught Tottenham Hotspur and England goalkeeper Paul Robinson off-guard and flew into the bottom corner of the net. In a post-match interview, his boss Sam Allardyce admitted Bolton's goal of the season competition may have already been decided by Campo's wonder strike.

In May 2008, Campo was not offered a new contract by manager Gary Megson and left Bolton.Shortly before the 2008 European Championships, Campo wrote a letter to the Bolton supporters expressing his regret at not having been able to bid the club a proper farewell. The letter appeared on a website run by the Sky Television presenter Guillem Balague.[ He eventually played in a final match at the Reebok Stadium, in honour of teammate Jussi Jääskeläinen.

Ipswich Town
Campo signed for Ipswich Town after passing a medical on 11 August 2008.[4] He scored his first goal against Barnsley FC in a 3-0 win.[5] After only featuring in roughly a third of the league's matches for the club, the 35-year old was released by manager Roy Keane at the end of the season.

I'd chance my arm on any of them,(Silva,Villa)be better than bringing fucking Benjani on (Who ain't that bad but,probably never going to be the guy who strikes 30 golas to help us win the league

buy them anyway we have all the money in the world :) hehehhuhuahaha
in my opinion i think they will be class in premiership.

Who will we get rid of to make way as we already have too many forward players to keep them all happy in the long run. My problem with buying anyone at the moment other than a RB is we've not given the rest time to settle and show what they can do yet.

Ntini77 said:
Taken from the Daily Mirror.

And this is also taken from the Daily Mirror.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/oliver-holt/Beware-Manchester-United-fans-the-Glazers-are-happy-to-pass-the-buck-article202663.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion ... 02663.html</a>

Beware Manchester United fans, the Glazers are happy to pass the buck

By Oliver Holt
Published 23:00 27/10/09

If I was a Manchester United fan, the alarm bells ringing in my head would be keeping me awake at night.

Not because of what happened at Anfield at the weekend. Although the defeat to Liverpool is part of the bigger picture.

Not because Dimitar Berbatov is still not the force United need him to be.

Or because Rio Ferdinand is still clearly struggling with injury and lack of confidence.

Or because United's midfield misses Darren Fletcher more than it should do when he is not available.

No, I'd be more worried about what happened at Wembley on Sunday evening than I would be about what happened at Anfield on Sunday afternoon.

I'd be looking at what United's owners, the Glazer family, have done to their other sporting property, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and thinking that what happens in America usually happens in England soon afterwards.

On Sunday evening at Wembley, the Glazers' Buccaneers were hammered 35-7 by the New England Patriots in the NFL's annual excursion to these shores.

Tampa Bay hardly provide a ringing endorsement of the Glazers' ownership qualities or their ability to provide the team with enough money to compete with the rest of the league.

The defeat to the Patriots means they have now lost all seven of their matches this season, a distinction they share only with the St Louis Rams among the 32 NFL teams.

A big reason for that is that the Glazers have spent less on players than any other owners in the NFL this season. They are a whopping £19million under the league's salary cap, a record low for the NFL, and £14million less than the average spend.

Accounts also show that the Bucs are the league's lowest total spenders over the last four seasons since the Glazers began paying off interest on the huge loans they took out to buy United in 2005.

The Glazers are now disliked in Florida almost as much as they are in Manchester. They have been accused of neglecting the Buccaneers in their efforts to meet the crippling repayments on the massive debt they took on to buy United.

I've never been fans of theirs anyway. My solitary collision with the people skills of the Glazer boys was less than heart-warming.

I caught up with Bryan Glazer in Tampa earlier this year before the Super Bowl but when I got close enough to ask him a tame question, a neanderthal in sunglasses and a suit strong-armed me out of the way while Glazer fled on a golf cart.

I wouldn't have minded but it wasn't as if he was being pursued by a mob of angry United supporters. He had just spoken at an NFL Kids Day.

He'd been trying to come over all folksy for the children but the jokes were lame and it was obvious we were deep in charisma-bypass territory.

One brother's lack of personal charm is largely irrelevant, I know, and apart from regularly hiking up the price of season tickets at Old Trafford, it has been hard to criticise the Glazers much until now.

They have not interfered with Sir Alex Ferguson's movements in the transfer market. Indeed, they have backed him wholeheartedly, sanctioning big money moves for Michael Carrick, Owen Hargreaves and Berbatov.

They have also studiously avoided any criticism of Ferguson and kept a low profile in a way that has made them infinitely preferable to Tom Hicks and George Gillett at Liverpool.

But now it is beginning to seem as though many of the concerns that were voiced when the Glazers loaded the club with debt may finally be being realised.

It is the elephant in the corner at United, the thing that no-one really wants to talk about, but the team is missing Cristiano Ronaldo badly.

Real Madrid paid £80m for him in the summer but Ferguson, for whatever reason, spent only £17m of that money. That was on Antonio Valencia from Wigan Athletic and, let's be honest, he is a poor man's replacement.

So why has Ferguson not spent the rest of the money? Is it because, as he said, he thought players like Karim Benzema and Franck Ribery were overpriced?

Or is it because the debt repayments have caught up with the Glazers and the money they received for Ronaldo is a windfall they cannot release? Is it because, basically, United are skint?

The evidence provided by the parlous state of the Buccaneers is hardly reassuring. The team is in freefall. It's the worst in the league.

That will never happen to United in the Premier League but it is beyond argument that they have gone backwards since last season.

They might still win the title this season but only because Liverpool and Arsenal have gone backwards, too, and Chelsea may suffer because of their transfer embargo.

Without January reinforcements, though, this United team won't win the Champions League. No way.

A side that loses players as important as Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez needs to make a statement that says they have not suddenly becoming a selling club.

The Glazers and United have not made that statement yet. If they don't make it soon, those alarm bells are going to start ringing even louder.

They must be using Monopoly money for this bid, then.

Manchester United on alert as David Villa sacks his agent

David Villa has sacked his agent Jose Luis Tamargo, after he failed to secure a move away from Valencia for the Spanish international striker.

This development is likely to embolden Manchester United who have long been linked with a move for Villa.

Liverpool, Chelsea, Barcelona and Real Madrid have all been linked with the Valencia striker in recent months.

Villa is now considering his next move without his former agent and this comes just a day after Valencia admitted they were still facing financial problems and would probably have to offload some of their biggest stars in January.

Earlier this year Jose Luis Tamargo had been Villa’s voice to the press, claiming the striker would not make a transfer move outside of Spain. He is also the agent of Sporting Gijon midfielder Pedro Cecilia.

Cheeky bid?

Read today a 33m bid on the table by chelsea for villa, wouldn't mind toppling that or at least replacing robby with silva if he does make a swift exit to barca in jan :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.