bad turn out again ........

Soulboy said:
Hooch said:
Soulboy said:
Everton 6th. in the Premiership... quarter finals of the FA Cup, having a really impressive season.

Yesterday, at home to WBA (who would have sold their allocation)... 33,000.

If we got that for a home league game, then the alarmn bells WOULD be ringing!

Stop beating ourself up about nothing.

Our stadium holds 8,000 more than Everton's.

I must be missing something here, but... what has that got to do with anything?

Yeah a basic grasp of logic and maths...

It's about how many seats you fill, not how many are empty!

We got 7000 less (on a rainy Thursday against a Danish team that we were obviously going to turn over without too much effort... when no season tickets are sold) than Everton did for a fine Saturday against a well supported PL team when all season tickets attend... Irrelevant what your capacity is unless you exceed it every week, then you need a bigger stadium!

In the Nineties we averaged around 27,000 for our league games, including 6 seasons in the premier league, and 2 5th place finnishes. 26,000 in the last 32 of the UEFA cup, mid week, when the game is on normal TV, and during this economic down turn, is not embarrassing.
I am just trying to put things into perspective.

1.618034 said:
Soulboy said:
Hooch said:
Soulboy said:
Everton 6th. in the Premiership... quarter finals of the FA Cup, having a really impressive season.

Yesterday, at home to WBA (who would have sold their allocation)... 33,000.

If we got that for a home league game, then the alarmn bells WOULD be ringing!

Stop beating ourself up about nothing.

Our stadium holds 8,000 more than Everton's.

I must be missing something here, but... what has that got to do with anything?

Yeah a basic grasp of logic and maths...

It's about how many seats you fill, not how many are empty!

We got 7000 less (on a rainy Thursday against a Danish team that we were obviously going to turn over without too much effort... when no season tickets are sold) than Everton did for a fine Saturday against a well supported PL team when all season tickets attend... Irrelevant what your capacity is unless you exceed it every week, then you need a bigger stadium!

Yeah, and I think you lack a basic grasp of reading and comprehension!

You just repeated what I said!

Doh!

Please read my comments again...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.