Badly treated by City, Yes or No. ?

Wilmslow Road

I (hopefully ) reach the age of 65 on 5th August.
I spoke to Customer Services about 2 months ago and asked what the score would be regarding the
renewal of my Season Ticket as the Season would not KO until after my birthday.
She told me this would be taken into consideration at the time of renewal.
So off I trots to the ticket office to renew mine and my youngest Daughters a junior.
Only to be told that the cut off date was 1st August and i would have to pay full price.
if I was 65 the day the season kicked off Was 19th Aug season gone ) I would have swallowed it and moved on.

Now reaching 65, is I think a bit of a milestone for me with regard to supporting City.
There are many Blues who have sadly passed away before this age.
I was 5 when my Dad first sat me on the wall of the old Kippax and have continued
going home and away ever since, do as many Euros as I can.
I was not at York but was one of the 8K against Swindon and witnessed many a debacle
Halifax and Shrewsbury spring to mind.
This doesn't make me a better Blue it's just I'm older, so consequently done more.
I have had a ST since when I can't remember, have one for my youngest and have put down
a £100 deposit for the new stand in the hope of getting one for my eldest.
Now hopefully all of you will (if your not there already) all get to 65 and well past, and
continue the the brilliant support we have shown for our club over the years.
This club means everything to me as I am sure it does to all. I have always been proud to be a Blue.
But this leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, you would expect it from the Rags.
Everywhere else will treat me as an OAP from 5th August but not my club.
Have I renewed, fuckin right I have.

Whitworth Park said:
I spoke to Customer Services about 2 months ago and asked what the score would be regarding the
So off I trots to the ticket office to renew mine and my youngest Daughters a junior.
Only to be told that the cut off date was 1st August and i would have to pay full price.
if I was 65 the day the season kicked off Was 19th Aug season gone ) I would have swallowed it and moved on.

Now reaching 65, is I think a bit of a milestone for me with regard to supporting City.
I was 5 when my Dad first sat me on the wall of the old Kippax and have continued
I was not at York but was one of the 8K against Swindon and witnessed many a debacle
This doesn't make me a better Blue it's just I'm older, so consequently done more.
I have had a ST since when I can't remember, have one for my youngest and have put down
Now hopefully all of you will (if your not there already) all get to 65 and well past, and
This club means everything to me as I am sure it does to all. I have always been proud to be a Blue.
But this leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, you would expect it from the Rags.

I wouldn't say you've been particularly badly treated, as the August 1st cutoff is the same for everybody, young or old.

However, well done for supporting the blues for 60 years and not topping yourself ;)

Are you on twitter mate?

Bit harshly treated, yeah. If it was up to me you'd get the discount.

Whitworth Park said:

your angling for a move to barca you dodgy old fucker :)

A line in the sand has to be drawn somewhere - If City made the date 7th August then those who are 65 on the 8th would be moaning.

Its the opposite with the younger tickets - if someone's 16th birthday is on the 5th August then they will still be paying the cheaper under 16 rate.

Conversely my lad is 22 on the 2nd of August so gets another year on a concessionary rate - result.
He'll (I'll) have to pay adult prices for any Cup tickets though - so guess you'll only have to pay OAP rates for these.

Whitworth Park said:

at least you'll get the away tickets as an OAP, always look on the bright side

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.