"Bah Humbug!"

The fact that if you are a miserable bastard at xmas, you get labelled a scrooge.
The fact you choose to opt out of a commercially lead period of time because you'd rather spend your money on something else (or save it!!) rather than buying something tacky for someone you cant particularly stand but by birth are related to them.......

Oh, and ''forced'' to use up days holiday because the office shuts until 3rd January when personally I'd rather be in work and save the days off for warmer days in the sun in July....

BAH HUMBUG!

Picturing my family's face when they realise I haven't bought anyone anything, but have just booked Greece away for myself :O .

MCFC BOB said:
What do you hate about the traditional Northern Hemisphere, Western culture Christmas?

- Snow.
- Most Christmas songs.
- Carolers.
- How busy everywhere seems to get.
- The temperature.
- Christmas sodding pudding.

And over to you.

All mates out on the Razz, me stuck indoors as family over

Peasants in the fields.
Belgian mastiffs.
German shepherds and their machine gun towers to watch the sheep.
The curate's wife with her strange eyebrows and pinched face.
Glue wein - hot alcohol is not good - and get it straight, is it glue or is it wine?
The BBC's apparent embargo on Arthur Askey and George Formby films.
Unwashed crowds flocking from pub to pub.
Tobias and Arthilde who have descended from their executive hill barn for their once a year visit to my local WHERE WERE YOU THE OTHER 364 DAYS WHEN THE PUB NEEDED YOUR SUPPORT? And you're in my spot of Misanthropes Corner.
Cheese.
The creeping use of the heinous Americanism 'Happy Holidays.'
The fact my newsagent, who is excellent in all other respects, fails to acknowledge the existence of newspapers on Boxing Day - never mind won't deliver, won't even open - you are a public servant do your duty.
Marzipan.

More will come to me after I've had a lie down.
Happy Holidays.

MCFC BOB said:
What do you hate about the traditional Northern Hemisphere, Western culture Christmas?

- Snow. Yep.
- All Christmas songs.
- Carolers. Yep.
- How busy everywhere seems to get. Yep. People should be shot on sight if they spend more than 1 minute in the same place gawping at something.
- The temperature. Yep.
- Christmas sodding pudding. Don't eat it. We have a toffee pudding this year.
- Repeats of all old TV shows.
- Spending money on presents for people.

And over to you.

MCFC BOB said:

- Snow. Nothing to do with Christmas.
- Most Christmas songs. Most are awful, agreed.
- Carolers. Never once had one at the door in my life.
- How busy everywhere seems to get. Have you ever been town on a normal day ;)
- The temperature. Winter, not Christmas!
- Christmas sodding pudding. Have a different pudding! ;)

And over to you.

People who wouldn't piss on you during the rest of the year thinking it is now okay to shake your hand and hug you. Two faced twats.

Watching people get excited over food they like so much they only ever fucking buy it at Christmas. Cheese boards being an example.

Christmas pudding and Mince Pies. Horrible.

Snow.

Forced fun.

Shit telly.

Having to open really shit presents in front of people who are much more excited than you.

Upon opening such presents, the realisation that my parents know nothing about me hits me pretty hard. He likes football. Great lets buy him a Match annual. Oh wait he's 25. Never mind, we'll get it him anyway.

Washing up after a really big pointless dinner.

Being forced to pull Christmas crackers, and then being forced to read the shit joke out, before donning the wafer thin party hat.

Gym closing for 3 days.

People moaning how it's 'Back to normal now' once the shitness is over with.

Double fare taxis

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.