"Bah Humbug!"

People buying food like there's a nuclear war about to happen. Why so much food in their trolleys?

If you invite people round for something to eat then surely your guests won't need food for that part of the day - i.e. you invite them for dinner they shouldn't need to buy anything in for dinner on that day. These people will no doubt be invited out themselves so they will not have to buy anything in for that particular mealtime. Doesn't that mean they should be buying the same amount as they would normally do?

Taxi fares going up - even though a majority of the drivers don't celebrate Christmas.

Those crappy little gift sets - a 5cl bottle of whisky and a transfer printed glass - £8! 20cl port and a bit of stilton in a wooden box £10. Wouldn't mind if the box had a lid so you could use it as a coffin for the kids dead hamster or something, but its only got a celaphane wrap holding the contents in.

Getting Christmas cards off people you haven't heard from since you last got a card off them twelve months ago - has a message inside, 'Hi Dave we must get together sometime - long time no see'. Don't they get it - there's a reason I haven't been in touch!

No school or nursery - so its kids all day every day :-s

People expecting you to be 'merry' because it's Christmas. I'm not religious so I'm not really happy about whos birthday it is, the shops are heaving making ordinary shopping even more of a pain than it already is - that isn't something to make you merry is it? There are more piss-heads to dodge on the streets than normal. You have to buy people presents - people that you don't want to buy anything for but people that you have to buy something for!

Getting presents you really don't care much for and having to feign overwhelming joy at the Homer Simpson socks that you have been given.

On the other had there are some good deals on whisky knocking about, cheap Baileys and I usually get kids birthday presents in sales.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.