Bale

SleepingGiant said:
SilvaLining said:
SleepingGiant said:
Can't compare it via trophies really can you??

How else would you suggest it's compared by? Fact is the best players tend to play for the best teams, who in turn win the most. If Jenas was any good he'd play for a better team who in all likelihood would have won something.

Fair point that Yaya was lucky enough to play for Barca, but it still highlights his quality.

Micah or John O'Shea.......

Micah every time.... but guess whos got more trophies?

To be fair, Micah has only really been epic in his breakthrough season and last season, I think its generally agreed he lost his way between those years. As horrible as it is, O Shea over the course of his entire career has been the better player, more consistent and reliable when called upon.

I have no doubts Micah will go on to win many trophies with City and at the end of both of their careers Micah will of course be judged the better player IMO. But its unfair to offer a comparison between someone at the end of their career and one relatively close to the start.

Generally speaking the only exception to the rule is back up keepers, they can win shit loads of trophies and be part of loads of winning squads by playing fuck all games.

For the record I'm not saying sheer numbers of trophies won means one player is better than the other, simply that evidence of consistent success at the highest level and an even comparison with two similarly aged players is the best way to decide superiority of one player over another.

This thread is crazy! What self respecting Spurs fan wound say that Jenas is even good? Never mind better than Ya Ya Toure! Insanity!

Some times I think you guys just make up views of Spurs fans to hate us more!

Spurs fan in peace said:
This thread is crazy! What self respecting Spurs fan wound say that Jenas is even good? Never mind better than Ya Ya Toure! Insanity!

Have a look on Glory Glory, they are even saying Gomez is better than Hart.

Spurs fan in peace said:

You seem to be your club's sole ambassador to Planet Earth

I had a look on that thread on Glory-Glory. There are some gems.

I have come to the conclusion that the Spurs fans on Glory Glory think that if they state our players are rubbish, they will actually turn out that way.

These are also the same fans who said Palacios was one of the best DMs in the world.

I am undecided between 'clueless' and 'deluded'.

-------------------------Hart--------------------------

Richards-------Kompany-------Lescott--------Clichy

-------------------------De Jong----------------------

-------------------Yaya--------Nasri------------------

-----Balotelli------------------------------------Silva---

--------------------------Tevez--------------------------

That is a title challenging team for sure. Not to mention players like Johnson, Barry, Milner, SWP, and Dzeko on the bench.

But there's no blend. Great individuals, you don't talk about a single partnership in that team eg the understanding Kompany and Lescott have. Not like people talked about Bergkamp and Henry, Cole and Yorke, Beckham and Neville. We have more chemistry going on in our team with Crouch and VDV, thats how little a team they have up there.

City then lack the depth in squad too, because their subs are then either off form or just not motivated through lack of game time. No one plays for the fans up there, the badge, they play for the money.

They will be up there for top 4 again granted, but title? Nope, if they get anywhere close they will bottle it when you need to show some self-belief. And a big, big factor is Tevez, if they lose him and dont bring in an individual goalscorer like Ronaldo or Messi they are Tottenham 2010/11.Not a single one of those players is head and shoulders above our first XI, player for player.

in a FULLY fit squad last year....FULLY fit.......only hart, tevez and yaya from the list you mention gets into our starting 11 i poo poo you not. we would probably take any striker you give us bar Jo (i really thought he would be a good player) and caicedo.....

I wouldnt have Hart over Gomes.

Big big fan of Yaya Toure though, he would be a revelation to us (though at the expense of who?)

As would Tevez, not his biggest fan in all honesty but there is no denying how effective he is

Watch Sandro own yaya this season. The boy is going to have Alan Pardew screaming everytime ... HE absolutely raped him!

Sandro doesn't tackle like De Jong, he relies on reading game and anticipating movement rather than shattering kneecaps.

king and woodgate over king and kompany.every day of the week for me

as for silva? well put it this way.......he doesnt get ahead of bale for a left flank position...he doesnt get ahe4ad of modric in CM cause lets face it silva has never played CM in a 4 man midfield that i know of, he doesnt get ahead of sandro or tom huddlestone in the deep DM role or deep playmaker role respectively. his only chnace? well he would be able to oust lennon IMO........but VDV? thats a tough one...you might be right on that tho....but its a close call for me.

I do realise that everyone bigs up their own players but some of the comments are from people who are clearly clueless. Woodgate over Kompany ?

Spurs fan in peace said:

Honestly, I've come to the conclusion that (other than your manager whom I really dislike) I don't have a problem with Spurs or their fans... with the exception of Glory Glory. Those guys are silly.

stony said:
20sbc07 said:
stony said:
I actually find myself being offended by just how fucking ugly he is.

You do realise we have Carlos Tevez in our squad right?

I know Carlos is no oil painting but there is something about Bale that triggers some primeval sense that makes me want to either hunt him or run away from him.

now thats fucking funny!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.