Balotelli: "I am still a Manchester City fan"

That is what you want every City player who leaves the club to say. Unfortunately, we still have the numpties in our support who feel it is acceptable to shout abuse at substitutes as they are warming up as I witnessed at Swansea on Saturday.

It is these d@ckheads that give the club and its fans a bad name. Thankfully Balo despite all the rubbish that was written retained the support of the majority of fans and its clear he was grateful for it.

Love it when ex players speak highly about the club.

Got to say there's some garbage being said on this thread. If he loved us so much he could have stayed and not left us in the lurch like he did. At least his 'injury' seems to have got better!

He loved the media attention and don't believe any different. He always will. Look at his comments last week "the whole Madrid team can sleep with my girlfriend if they get to the final". He's a media whore and loves every second of all negative and positive press he gets [not the racist stuff like him being cartooned as King Kong in the Italian press! (and people think the British media had an agenda against him and that's what drove him out, lol!)]

You don't think his agent was ringing up reporters and saying "hey, I've got a Mario story for you!"? Whether it was true or a complete fabrication, it was all part of the Mario media machine. He and his agent have seen what the likes of Beckham and Dennis Rodman can do to spin money from the media, and Mario and his team saw a gap in the market for a Rodman style "bad boy" of football and have coined it in from day one at Inter.

I liked Mario. I thought at times he was a wonderful player. But that wasn't nearly enough of the time, and in fact, there were more unacceptable performances than wonderful with the bulk being simply average. It's not because he wasn't a good player, it's not because he was average, deep down he just didn't want to live here or necessarily play for City and we were a middle man because Inter probably didn't want to sell direct to Milan.

I will always like Mario and wish him all the best because he's a good lad, more intelligent than he'd have anyone believe and could end up being a good player.

rickmcfc said:
Potentially one of the best players ive seen in a city shirt, he is just very different to most other players. What annoys me most is that yes at times he was childish, immature and unprofessional, but on his day he was untouchable, and head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch. People say they were glad to see him leave, and I can see their point, but the way he was hounded down by the media in this country was a total disgrace, and its a shame that so many Blues got caught up in the way the Media portrayed him. If he had signed for United and done everything he did at City, he would be classed as a hero, still be playing for them and regarded as one of the best young footballers around. I loved the guy, but he had to leave for his own sake as things had boiled over to much. Anything he did was across the tabloids, whether that was him being caught speeding, parked on a double yellow line, or turning up at a school for a piss and to say hello. Could be worse, he could miss a drug test, sleep with his brothers wife, swear into a TV camera and be an all round Cnut, but because he played in blue and not red, none of that mattered, his days were numbered from day 1 do to the Fleet Street mob who wanted him out. I wish him all the best and he hasn't said a bad word about us since leaving. He always was, and still is OUR Mario. Would love to see him back one day in some sort of capacity.

Really enjoyed reading that, mate. Spot on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.