Balotelli [Merged]

Re: I'm going to stick my neck out....

I find the "he's scored xx goals in xx games" argument quite comical.

If you were to ask Mario if he thought that was good enough - do you think he would say yes? No, not at all - so lets stop hiding behind that.

A lot of the Balo stuff relates to his perceived lack of application on the pitch.

For example, I was more pissed-off at him sat on his arse sulking in the Sunderland penalty area after he didn't get a decision than I was about the Kolorov free kick situation. At least he was showing some passion, however misguided some may have seen that.

Personally I hope he gets his mrs pregnant asap and has a kid, because I sense that maybe that will grow him up and, as a footballing man (rather than the petulant, sulking unpredictable footballing teenager that he can be today), he will be the dogs.

shed88us said:
I love Mario Balotelli, and can honestly say I think he can make it here BIG time. Recently he has been shrouded in controversy, and it seems to follow him every where he goes.
People can change, look at Granny Shagger, a couple of years ago he was picking up yellows and reds, left, right and centre, for club and country.
G.Shagger had the belief of everyone around him, again at club and country, and now look, he appears to be a changed man, and without him this season, I wonder where the rags would be.

TLDR; BELIEVE.

Only this week we've had a thread on here where the vast majority supported him - it's just easier to be critical on a forum, so the posts and threads don't really reflect most people's positions.

Rooney is the perfect example - (and even this "changed man" has once again has messed up England's plans) - he was only a few months younger than Balo is now when he was stamping on Carvalho in the biggest game of his career.

Ronaldo was considered a show pony at that age and only scored 15 goals in his first 90 United appearances.

Closer to home, look at the criticism Micah was getting a couple of years ago when he was Mario's age.

At 21 in a squad full of superstars, he is 2-3 years younger than any of our other big players, and we shouldn't expect him to be the main man on the pitch. Even for exceptional players it's unusual for them to be mature leaders at 21.

People do a LOT of growing up in their early twenties and, it's nor unusual to act first and think later at that age. I think people (and many media commentators) forget how much younger he is than the rest of the squad (only Savic is a comparable age amongst the senior players). If he's good now he'll only get better - and I hope it's with us.

1961_vintage said:

If you were to ask Mario if he thought that was good enough - do you think he would say yes? No, not at all - so lets stop hiding behind that.

A lot of the Balo stuff relates to his perceived lack of application on the pitch.

For example, I was more pissed-off at him sat on his arse sulking in the Sunderland penalty area after he didn't get a decision than I was about the Kolorov free kick situation. At least he was showing some passion, however misguided some may have seen that.

Personally I hope he gets his mrs pregnant asap and has a kid, because I sense that maybe that will grow him up and, as a footballing man (rather than the petulant, sulking unpredictable footballing teenager that he can be today), he will be the dogs.
How else do you judge a striker but by how many goals he has scored

Perhaps we should judge City's season not on the points total and goals scored but on the good fashion sense of the manager and the cockiness of mario's latest headwear

Bluephoria said:
After the visit to Inter (understandable ) and what Roberto said about trust, you'd have thought he would want to show his best.

I felt that his second goal was simply him saying what he would have done with the free kick. I am troubled that he does not show that will to score in other situations.

Also he made a couple of gratuitous fouls and could have easily given away free kicks and gained a yellow.
Maybe I'm missing something, but why ''understandable''? The players were given a couple of days off to rest and Mario decides to go on a trip to Milan and gatecrash a press conference at Inter. He's been gone from Inter for over a year and a half now; time for him to knuckle down and show some professionalism. No wonder Mancini said that he can't trust him.

Re: Mario now getting a lot of stick from home fans.

jimharri said:
glen quagmire said:
Mario held three fingers up at kolarov. He said he's had THREE goes, now he wants a turn. Nowt wrong with that imho. Did kolarov score from it?
''He wants a turn''? FFS; it's not kids arguing about having a go on a new console game. Secondly, you ask
Did kolarov score from it?
No he didn't, but they didn't know that before the free kick was taken, did they. Also, would Balotelli have scored from it? You don't know that for certain, no more than I do.

As far as I can recall he has never scored a free kick for us. How difficult is it to admit that other than one piece of quality he was gash.

Some people say trust the manager yet when he says Mario did not play well the same posters don't trust him!

Mario was average at best yesterday and that is being kind.

He has too many poor to average games to be even talked about as world class.

A good penalty taker and the odd bit of brilliance is not enough in this league.

The worst thing with him is that he does have it in him but seemingly can't be arsed. Dzeko just doesnt have it!

Marvin said:
1961_vintage said:

How else do you judge a striker but by how many goals he has scored

Perhaps we should judge City's season not on the points total and goals scored but on the good fashion sense of the manager and the cockiness of mario's latest headwear

Sorry Marvin but I don't see that I suggested anywhere in my post that the measure is incorrect?? It is the sense of celebration of the apparent achievement against that measure that I take issue with.

But sure, press ahead with your fashion sense and headgear concept by all means.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
jimharri said:
glen quagmire said:
Mario held three fingers up at kolarov. He said he's had THREE goes, now he wants a turn. Nowt wrong with that imho. Did kolarov score from it?
''He wants a turn''? FFS; it's not kids arguing about having a go on a new console game. Secondly, you ask
No he didn't, but they didn't know that before the free kick was taken, did they. Also, would Balotelli have scored from it? You don't know that for certain, no more than I do.

As far as I can recall he has never scored a free kick for us. How difficult is it to admit that other than one piece of quality he was gash.

Some people say trust the manager yet when he says Mario did not play well the same posters don't trust him!

A good penalty taker and the odd bit of brilliance is not enough in this league.

The worst thing with him is that he does have it in him but seemingly can't be arsed. Dzeko just doesnt have it!
He definitely has the potential in him to go on and be a really special and unique talent. He does seem, though, to have attitude issues. And as for all this ''he's only 21'' guff, just how long are we (as a club) supposed to wait for him to mature/grow up (delete as per taste)?

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
jimharri said:
glen quagmire said:

Their goals record suggest you are very wrong

At Swansea, at home to Sporting and Sunderland we conceded daft goals. You want to look at how easily Sunderland managed to break on us and how they got one on one on our central defenders, and then won those battles. That's why we lost.

Balotelli and Dzeko can't score goals if the midfield doesn't dominate possession, and the midfield can't find the forwards if they don't move. The insistence of finding and blaming individual players for a defeat is usually wrong. And its quite absurd that the player of choice is 21 and scored two. At any other club he'd be a hero, especially when the media vilify him on a daily basis. Balotelli is an impassioned player with great talent. We should be making this a home for him to become a great player. How easily you forget his age. 21 in a foreign hostile country. Yes he can become frustrating at times. I find myself shouting at him too but I want him to do well more than any other player I have seen.

VanPersie said:
Its so EASY to blame Ballotelli. In reality Kolorov was 100% to blame for the free kick incident. He had 3 goes already and the position favoured a right footer instead of a left. Kolorov was being a greedy twat in fairness and his team mates should have let him know that.
Fully agree and what made me mad was not Mario but all the others getting involved when we were on the ropes and they should have all been concentrating and working hard to get us the win we needed not pissing about over a free kick. didn't notice anyone applauding Mario for saving Dezko from getting a booking or worse when he was blowing his top.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.