Bangkok Blues................Marathon Men !!

Asian Blue

Team supported
Man City
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/2295/midnightrun002600x450.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

The Bangkok Blues did a marathon ( Ok 6 Km ) for various charities, when they competed in the Amari Hotels midnight run on Saturday.
Frank the Yank's wife Nat, who works for the hotel chain was one of the main organisers, and was on hand to welcome Asian Blue and Fleagle on the night.
Nearly 3 million baht was raised, and many orphans in Thailand will benefit from the charity donations.

Congratulations gents.

Loving the fake Thai City shirts. They never quite manage to get it right, do they!!!

Bilboblue said:
Brilliant, well done AB

Fooked if I would run in that heat tho, even at night! Big hand to all that took part

Thanks Bilboblue...............Fleagle and I struggled over the last km or so, but it was a small price to pay for these Thai orphans.
They are orphans because the parents have died of aids, and that makes the money raised so much more precious.
The midnight (guess it should be madnight ) run is now in its 12th year, and there were around 5,000 people running on Saturday.

I've donated many times in Pattaya to a similar thing AB....they run an orphange just outside the town for kids who have lost their parents to AIDS, went one time too, pretty sad to know that some of the kids have it too but uplifting to see how happy they are too.

Yeah Bilboblue,you're not wrong there! High temperatures is one thing,but when you've got the famous Bangkok humidity that goes with it,well it don't make things easy.Put it this way 2 days later i'm still suffering.Made me realise that if do it again next year,better actually do some kind of training that time around.:-) -Still forget my suffering,main thing was the money raised.
Too true about the fake City shirts Dubai Blue.I mean the quality is never gonna be no-where near the same as an original,but you would think that if they can put the "City badge" & "Etihad Airways" on the front,then the Umbro diamond should be a piece of cake..........oh well what should you expect for 200 baht!?!

Asian Blue said:
Nearly 3 million baht was raised, and many orphans in Thailand will benefit from the charity donations.

Well done to everyone involved. Must have been tough in the humidity.

Out of interest, how much is that in pounds? I'm guessing it isn't 3 million...

masterwig said:
Asian Blue said:

Well done to everyone involved. Must have been tough in the humidity.

Out of interest, how much is that in pounds? I'm guessing it isn't 3 million...

its around 53 baht=£1 atm so about £56,500ish.....great effort that

I normally do not recommend or support fake shirt. This is just for information only where you can find good quality fake shirt in Thailand.
These entire pictures are 350 Baht (7 GBP) shirt, my friend bought it from BigC (sukapibal-3 branch) at a small shop (stall) beside Chester's Grill Restaurants (in case you want to take a look only, lol).
I have to accept that I really want to get one but cannot find from where I live now (Abu Dhabi).
Hope you all enjoy 6 km running.

S8378792-54.jpg

S8378792-55.jpg

S8378792-56.jpg

S8378792-57.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.