Barbour Jackets

I'm surprised someone called it a chav coat!

Quality. I wanted one but I doubt it would suit me

I have the 75th aniversary one and it is class. I use it without the belt and also bought a Liner for inside. its extreamly warm as well. I have only seen 1 other person here with one so I am safe to go out without the fear of someone else having it.

whosonthebench said:
BlueMooner87 said:
I think I've got the same one but in black, Chelsea sport or something. £119 from John Lewis

If it's called that it's gotta be quality!

We all wear Barbours down in Surrey. Goes well with the 4x4 and the labrador.
Of course being a southerner, I have to have the fur warm pile lining in mine.

Used to think Barbour was a bit expensive for what is was - until I discovered Pretty Green prices. Fuck me, who buys that stuff?!

mammutly said:
Been given a barbour international for Christmas:

barbour-wax-international-motorcycle-jacket-front.jpg

Is it any good? On first look, I'm not convinced.

I've been given the receipt too, so I could take it back to John Lewis and buy something else.

What sort of motorbike have you got?

BSA, Royal Enfield, Triumph?

Have fun trying to rewax at some point in the future.

Best thing is to bung it in a couple of old pillow cases - OLD as they get full of wax - and chuck it in the tumble dryer for 20 mins until it gets really hot. Don't just put it in as you'll coat the drum in wax.

In the meantime warm the reproofing wax and get some old rags. Dip them in the hot wax and rub it is as hard and as fast as you can. If you can do it somewhere warm it helps - best thing is to do it outside in the hot summer sun - so take it to Spain on holiday with you ;-)

Never looks as good as it did when it was new though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.