Barca and AC

mancboy123 said:
God yes id love these 2 BUT we really need to shore up our defence first to give us a solid base to work from, dont think we have had probs scoring goals most of the time this season but we have been conceeding them v cheaply and i would like to see that rectified although im not sure by what means, ned i want to keep, alongside zab at right back and bridge at left back. Think we need someone alongside ned in of the hangeland ilk who will just put their body where it hurts, not saying ned wont put a challenge in but think he is more of a classy defender. I liken him to a carvallho and now we have the carvallho we need someone like a terry!

If Zab is going to be our 1st choice right back we need another dm as cover for Kompany and De jong. Otherwise if say Richards and Kompany got injured we'd be stretched... unless we got another cb in alongside nedum with dunne ready to slot in and nedum move to rb if needed. I don't like shifting cb pairings around however as it unsettles the defence so a spare dm would be better. We also need to replace Garrido too imho as we don't really have cover for bridge.

If we are in Europe next season we'll need more strength and depth than we had this season, I know De Jong was inelligible but I can't help feeling Hamburg away would have been a different proposition if we'd had proper cover for bridge and kompany. Plus we'd have been able to rotate a little more for Fulham and might have got a crucial three points against our biggest threat for 7th place.

Agree with this.

We need a new leader at the back, somebody solid who will rally the troops
An inspirational big centre half who can head, tackle and also one
with pace who can bring the ball out and pass it efficiently forward.

John Terry is the mould of player I am talking about.
How possible it would be to get him remains to be seen, though
i personally very much doubt it.
I'm over the moon with Shay, what a keeper he is, probably the best in the country at the moment. Also reasonably happy with Zabaleta and Nedum
I think that after settling in and a good pre season under his belt, next season we will see the real Wayne Bridge.

Just becoming more and more apparent to me with each game he plays, as much as it saddens me
to admit it, Captain Dunne has come far enough.

Im not complaining like i said god id love these 2 at the club along with any other world superstars just saying i personally would like to see us shore up the defence a bit as it has looked a bit weak at times this season is all!

Just expressing an opinion!

mancboy123 said:
God yes id love these 2 BUT we really need to shore up our defence first to give us a solid base to work from, dont think we have had probs scoring goals most of the time this season but we have been conceeding them v cheaply and i would like to see that rectified although im not sure by what means, ned i want to keep, alongside zab at right back and bridge at left back. Think we need someone alongside ned in of the hangeland ilk who will just put their body where it hurts, not saying ned wont put a challenge in but think he is more of a classy defender. I liken him to a carvallho and now we have the carvallho we need someone like a terry!

So to cut your long post short.

You mean Dunne out?

bluealf said:
mancboy123 said:

So to cut your long post short.

You mean Dunne out?

I think he means competition for Dunne... if we want to challenge the top 4 then no name should be an automatic pick on the teamsheet. If Dunne is good enough to be in our squad then he will be, if he's not then the team will be better and he will have a reason to stretch himself. We can't afford to be too sentimental if we're to be successful - we need at least two top class players competing for each position.

Not at all. Dunne has been v slack this season and dont think anyone can dispute that but he defo does have the talent as a defender if not quite the ability to distribute well, what im saying is that there is not really any competition for him like there is in other positions with kompany being his only real competition.

It could well be that kompany goes in ther permanently next year. Basically what im saying is that the defense has been at fault for alot of our issues this season and needs firming up. Im still not a 100% convinced by bridge BUT i dont think we have anyone better and im not sure who we could sign to replace, only reason i pinpoint dunne is because if i said ned id be told i was mental, if i said zab id be told i was mental, so the only one that can be singled out for immediate change is dunney!

mancboy123 said:
Not at all. Dunne has been v slack this season and dont think anyone can dispute that but he defo does have the talent as a defender if not quite the ability to distribute well, what im saying is that there is not really any competition for him like there is in other positions with kompany being his only real competition.

It could well be that kompany goes in ther permanently next year. Basically what im saying is that the defense has been at fault for alot of our issues this season and needs firming up. Im still not a 100% convinced by bridge BUT i dont think we have anyone better and im not sure who we could sign to replace, only reason i pinpoint dunne is because if i said ned id be told i was mental, if i said zab id be told i was mental, so the only one that can be singled out for immediate change is dunney!

Lol - I beat you to your own post by six minutes... christ I must be psychic!

The original article is one of those that make me wish I had a time machine and could go back in time to show it to people. I still get a big smile when reading things like this, "Man City are just one of the clubs monitoring the superstars" etc, it's crazy! :)

GoForGlory said:
The original article is one of those that make me wish I had a time machine and could go back in time to show it to people. I still get a big smile when reading things like this, "Man City are just one of the clubs monitoring the superstars" etc, it's crazy! :)

Oh for the summer when we were linked with Jay Boothroyd - cos he was free!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.