Barca vs Arsenal

GStar said:
jellert said:
Well in a football match it's important to shoot the ball in the net..........

Great, but you've missed the point completely... the comparisions are to the "best footballer" ever not the "most prolific goalscorer" ever.

Messi is everything you want in a football player......

I remember watching Pele when I was younger more recently Maradona,Zidane and even more recently Ronaldinho,Ronaldo and Messi is up there with the best of them.I know it's all about opinions but how any one can compare Rooney is quite amazing hes not on the same level.

GStar said:
jellert said:
Well in a football match it's important to shoot the ball in the net..........

Great, but you've missed the point completely... the comparisions are to the "best footballer" ever not the "most prolific goalscorer" ever.

Id say "best footballer" is not one who has the best trick for me it's the effect he has on football matches.

Papa Smurf said:
maybe that Messi also does things with a football that ronaldinho cant even dream of... for example consistently scoring three goals per game or scoring 4 in champions. the fact that they play different styles doesnt make Dinho better.

Maybe the guy can speak for himself?

depps said:
Haha GStar you are starting to sound like a religious nut in the face over whelming evidence now......Messi is God, deal with it!!!

Good for you, thats your opinion... i'll have mine. Perhaps you should learn to deal with the fact people have differnet opinions.

Its a fact of life. Very basic stuff.

The Fixer said:
GStar said:

Id say "best footballer" is not one who has the best trick for me it's the effect he has on football matches.

Yes...... Messi has just the technique like Ronaldinho but he goes to goal.. Ronaldhinho stands still and waits for a pass to give.....

The Fixer said:
GStar said:

Bang on. There quite a few that ahve an effect on a football match in differnet ways though.

Original Ronaldo would win you games, Casillias/Buffon would win you games, Fabregas/Zidane would would win you games... All three sets in different ways.

For me Ronaldinho in his pomp had great vision, scored all types of goals, couldnt be touched with the ball at his feet, could get past an opponent in more creative and inventive ways than anyone else and was consistent with his creativity.

Its that all round ability of being able to set up a goal, score a goal in open play or set piece, carry the ball past numerous opponents and then to top it off make it look so fluid and ellegent... the frills and extras he had and how natural he made it look.

Thats the kind of player i think qualifies for best, hence me mention of Maradonna and Zidane too.

Other people wont agree, thats fine, but for most of the people wanking over Messi tonight, i bet thats probably the second time they've seen him this season.

GStar said:
Papa Smurf said:
maybe that Messi also does things with a football that ronaldinho cant even dream of... for example consistently scoring three goals per game or scoring 4 in champions. the fact that they play different styles doesnt make Dinho better.

Maybe the guy can speak for himself?

And maybe i think you were talking bollocks so I decided to comment on it, maybe it is a forum and people like to comment on other people's opinion, and maybe I thought you were a smart person that could have a debate, I was obviously wrong.

If you don't like that then you should have private conversation that way no one will comment, just a friendly suggestion. Carry on.

jellert said:
The Fixer said:

Yes...... Messi has just the technique like Ronaldinho but he goes to goal.. Ronaldhinho stands still and waits for a pass to give.....

I dont really want to get into it with you, as i can see you replying with more vague and most likely pointless one liners.

However... Messi is quite one dimensional... he runs at you and reacts quicker than you do, he doesnt need a plan b as no one has been able to stop his plan A. Theres no tricks, no deviancy its a chance of direction so quick that hes past you before you react.

Ronaldinho could beat his man 10 times in a game and each time it would be different, be it with agility, deviation, power etc

To say Messi has the same technique as Ronaldinho who waits for a pass i'd have to ask how long you've been watching football?<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:00 pm --<br /><br />
Papa Smurf said:
And maybe i think you were talking bollocks so I decided to comment on it, maybe it is a forum and people like to comment on other people's opinion, and maybe I thought you were a smart person that could have a debate, I was obviously wrong.

If you don't like that then you should have private conversation that way no one will comment, just a friendly suggestion. Carry on.

You started you post off in a patronising, sarcastic tone... the same way you've finished this.

If you want to debate then fine, but dont act like a dick... i'm quite aware im in the minority here, and most prefer one liners and smarmy arsey abuse so there no point me engaging with abuse is there? They're not looking for a debate, they're looking to score points.

Things I noticed.

Busquets and Keita are the two CMs Guardiola prefers. Thats why we may get Yaya. He's not as good as either of them but may be better suited to the English game.

Barca close people down like nobodies business.

Pedro is a great player.

There's maybe only one man who can stop them and that is Mourinho. If he does he will deserve all the plaudits he so much wants, as Barca are a great team.

And finally I watch Barca alot and Messi never fails to provide the goods. Comparisons with Rooney are frankly embarrassing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.