Barcelona (A) | Charity Friendly | Post Match Thread

If Bernado leaves next summer would love us to go after FDJ. Brilliant player
As sad as it would be to see Bernado walk away, I think it's inevitable. Pep has said he won't stand in his way. But if we can swop him for FDJ and a few bob on top, I jump at it. Also you've got the boiling piss senario from them in Stretford.

So hard to understand moaning about this game. Its not only about good cause and building world-recognised brand, what still is helpful for Manchester City, like it or not, but it also may and shall be seemed as a fit building in 2 games a week schedule that is approaching.

There is literally almost no difference in playing such a game in Barcelona than in England, including high end logistics, that we are able to provide for players and stuff (Girona facilities may be viewed as really friendly facilities for us). Similarly injuries, which may happen on training ground as well.

Moreover and this is priceless – players like Palmer, Lewis, even Alvarez have their chance to gain experience in a game at Camp Nou, in front of 90k people. Might be important for their confidence and ensure this small bit of awareness in future how it looks like when called upon in a big game this season due to injury of more experienced player.

Players and stuff looked really happy for this whole trip. Mental strength of team lies on happiness of members, it is that simple.

As sad as it would be to see Bernado walk away, I think it's inevitable. Pep has said he won't stand in his way. But if we can swop him for FDJ and a few bob on top, I jump at it. Also you've got the boiling piss senario from them in Stretford.
They have not given up on him yet as far as I am aware.

Difficult match to summarise. Raised loads for the ALS research cause, saw more of the EDS lads, Philips & Gomez, & several players got a good run out in the iconic Nou Camp.

Mbeté looked out of it after the clash of heads, so fingers crossed he's OK. Philip's shoulder injury was a strange one. No one touched him! Never a penalty in a million years, but I'll take it. :-)

I was interested to see how Philips, Gomez, Palmer, Lewis & JWE performed tonight, but it was difficult to make a proper assessment with it being a charity match with so many changes.

Philips was busy & put himself about, but added little creativity going forward.

Gomez was standard at most things on his first appearance, but nothing really stood out going forward or defensively.

Palmer looked a bit lost playing LCM. I'd have thought swapping him & Foden around would have made more sense.

Lewis seems an exciting player for the future. Got caught out once or twice, but there again why was he surrounded by three Barca players, with no City players nearby as an outlet or offering help? A couple more seasons & we could have a star on our hands, as he's good going forward & defending.

JWE looked impressive in patches going forward & naive in other respects. The potential is there, he just needs working on.

To be fair the original poster did say next summer.
Yep. But if Bernardo has everything set on just Barca then who knows what position they will be in next season. They are due to be fined by UEFA for FFP breaches (doesn't mean anything in itself obv) and they are still in deep shit financially. If they don't win anything this season, they may need to sell even more next season, who knows? I wonder if Bernardo just wants to move closer to Portugal or if he's only wants to move to Barca?

So hard to understand moaning about this game. Its not only about good cause and building world-recognised brand, what still is helpful for Manchester City, like it or not, but it also may and shall be seemed as a fit building in 2 games a week schedule that is approaching.

There is literally almost no difference in playing such a game in Barcelona than in England, including high end logistics, that we are able to provide for players and stuff (Girona facilities may be viewed as really friendly facilities for us). Similarly injuries, which may happen on training ground as well.

Moreover and this is priceless – players like Palmer, Lewis, even Alvarez have their chance to gain experience in a game at Camp Nou, in front of 90k people. Might be important for their confidence and ensure this small bit of awareness in future how it looks like when called upon in a big game this season due to injury of more experienced player.

Players and stuff looked really happy for this whole trip. Mental strength of team lies on happiness of members, it is that simple.
How dare you come on here talking sense ffs

The Phillips injury looked like one he could have got loading his dishwasher so complaints about injuries in this type of game are fairly redundant. You could get injuries paying a pre-season game a week before the season starts and this game was essentially part of our pre-season.

Hope the two injured boys are not out for too long; especially Phillips, who can expect to be called on regularly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.