Barcelona Thread - 2021/22

I thought Barcelona couldn't afford to sack Koeman? Until they sort their finances out it doesn't matter who they want - they're stuck with him.
that's my understanding. if he does get the sack Koeman will be paid on the never,never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never till about 2030

I thought Barcelona couldn't afford to sack Koeman? Until they sort their finances out it doesn't matter who they want - they're stuck with him.

that's my understanding. if he does get the sack Koeman will be paid on the never,never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never till about 2030

They couldn't afford to sack him before the season, but there's an exemption to the budget rules that allow clubs to change managers mid-season. Which makes sense if you think about a bottom of the table team that could avoid the financial disaster of relegation with a managerial change.

They couldn't afford to sack him before the season, but there's an exemption to the budget rules that allow clubs to change managers mid-season. Which makes sense if you think about a bottom of the table team that could avoid the financial disaster of relegation with a managerial change.

Won't happen, doesn't matter if it did.

They're just offering to consolidate the debt, they can't get any equity.

Barcelona could get the money from Baco Sabadell or any of the major Spanish banks on incredibly (corruptly...) favourable terms if they wanted this kind of deal.

Won't happen, doesn't matter if it did.

They're just offering to consolidate the debt, they can't get any equity.

Barcelona could get the money from Baco Sabadell or any of the major Spanish banks on incredibly (corruptly...) favourable terms if they wanted this kind of deal.
I"d be very surprised if they got anything out of Banco Sabadell mate
That place is screwed even more so after TSB buyout

Koeman has literally had options to play a better defence but hasn't . He could play Araujo and Miguenza there instead of Pique whos finished and Garcia whos garbage. Hell I'd even give Umtiti a shot before Garcia. Koeman has some crazy ideas , he was the one who asked for Luuk De Jong ... a completley useless player for a team like Barca. Koeman def has no clue what hes doing.
Right now its hard to truly valuate Barca's squad as their manager is clueless. Hard to say what their true potential is. Some young players do look promising like Balde , Gavi , Fati , Mingueza and Araujo. But you cannot know their true potential until they have a proper coach.
Right now if Pep was at Barca do you think Barca would be as shite it is or would be better and have better results ? Im 100% certain that even with this weaker squad Pep would have much better restults and he would play a much better football, so the coach does matter.
I do agree they need rebuilding, but with a proper coach. When Pep took iver he had to rebuild too, he got rid of ronaldinho , deco so on, he changed Messi's position , brought in Busquets from the 2nd team so on. He knew what he was doing, Koeman is clueless.
I think Garcia is only playing because of the board. Barcelona is different compared to other clubs. They want to see their La Masia talent. That‘s also the reason why there has been tension between Koeman and Laporta because Laporta is basically trying to tell Koeman who has to start and who doesn’t. For me Mingueza is also much better but the problems lie much deeper. De Jong said the same in the Interview After the 0-3 defeat. „ I still believe in the coach and I think a new coach wouldn‘t change much since the problems lie deeper“ some sort of that. Busquets said the same.

well if u can‘t get any striker and u lose Griezmann within the last hour while all your forwards with the exception of Depay are injured… who would you have gone for? Barca fans were already laughing bout Braithwaite who actually did something. Aguero injured, Fati injured, Dembele injured. The hope is a 18 yr old Demir who shouldn’t even be in the first team and Depay who isn‘t really a lone striker in my eyes.
That midfield is probably the worst one in terms of scoring of all „Top“ Clubs if it is still allowed to say that Barca is one.
they got carried by Messi for years and now it‘s over.

Yes Pep is a fantastic coach but I don‘t know if he could change that much right away. Remember our first season with Pep? We ended 4th. He had so change a bunch of things until the train started moving.

For me right now. The quality of the team is overrated. It‘s not like u got an upcoming Messi who was already outplaying players like Henry and Eto‘o and an Iniesta who outplayed Deco. It‘s just a bunch of 17-19 yr olds who were in the 3rd division playing for Barca B. How are they suppose to beat Benfica or keep up with Munich?

for me personally: Xavi won‘t change a thing. At least not in his first season and probably not much in the second.

I think Garcia is only playing because of the board. Barcelona is different compared to other clubs. They want to see their La Masia talent. That‘s also the reason why there has been tension between Koeman and Laporta because Laporta is basically trying to tell Koeman who has to start and who doesn’t. For me Mingueza is also much better but the problems lie much deeper. De Jong said the same in the Interview After the 0-3 defeat. „ I still believe in the coach and I think a new coach wouldn‘t change much since the problems lie deeper“ some sort of that. Busquets said the same.

well if u can‘t get any striker and u lose Griezmann within the last hour while all your forwards with the exception of Depay are injured… who would you have gone for? Barca fans were already laughing bout Braithwaite who actually did something. Aguero injured, Fati injured, Dembele injured. The hope is a 18 yr old Demir who shouldn’t even be in the first team and Depay who isn‘t really a lone striker in my eyes.
That midfield is probably the worst one in terms of scoring of all „Top“ Clubs if it is still allowed to say that Barca is one.
they got carried by Messi for years and now it‘s over.

Yes Pep is a fantastic coach but I don‘t know if he could change that much right away. Remember our first season with Pep? We ended 4th. He had so change a bunch of things until the train started moving.

For me right now. The quality of the team is overrated. It‘s not like u got an upcoming Messi who was already outplaying players like Henry and Eto‘o and an Iniesta who outplayed Deco. It‘s just a bunch of 17-19 yr olds who were in the 3rd division playing for Barca B. How are they suppose to beat Benfica or keep up with Munich?

for me personally: Xavi won‘t change a thing. At least not in his first season and probably not much in the second.
Mate last seasons THERE WAS NO LAPORTA. Koeman had a terrible first season before Laporta was even elected. The idiot let Suarez go to Atletico and he was influential to them winning the title.
Im afraid that the whole "koeman is failling because of Laporta" excuse is not available.
Nobody is saying that Barca's squad could win the CL , I dont know why you continue on that route, their squad is obviously much weaker than in the past, however they have some talented young players and Koeman is def underpreforming. They have a quality attack once all the players are available they can start with Depay , Aguero , Fati and could throw in Dembele off the bench. They have some quality midfielders as well. Some young talented defenders (obviously not Garcia). A proper coach would do a lot better with this squad that Koeman does in my opinion.
Theres also an obvious lack of fitness , I think Aguero mentioned something about not being able to train the way he trained with us, thats also on Koeman. He was supposed to have a proper team to get the players fit. Maybe the reason for all the injuries is related to that as well.

Last edited:
Mate last seasons THERE WAS NO LAPORTA. Koeman had a terrible first season before Laporta was even elected. The idiot let Suarez go to Atletico and he was influential to them winning the title.
Im afraid that the whole "koeman is failling because of Laporta" excuse is not available.
Nobody is saying that Barca's squad could win the CL , I dont know why you continue on that route, their squad is obviously much weaker than in the past, however they have some talented young players and Koeman is def underpreforming. They have a quality attack once all the players are available they can start with Depay , Aguero , Fati and could throw in Dembele off the bench. They have some quality midfielders as well. Some young talented defenders (obviously not Garcia). A proper coach would do a lot better with this squad that Koeman does in my opinion.
Theres also an obvious lack of fitness , I think Aguero mentioned something about not being able to train the way he trained with us, thats also on Koeman. He was supposed to have a proper team to get the players fit. Maybe the reason for all the injuries is related to that as well.
It’s quite funny that u say that Koeman was apparently the reason for Suarez. You know that Barca couldn‘t pay Suarez anymore right ? They wanted to get rid off him. It‘s been clear since 2019 that Barcelona has very bad finances. I mentioned it and I will mention it again. For me the whole squad is absolutely overrated. Now u also mention that Koeman is underperforming but in the next sentence u talk about how his whole offense is injured ? That obv makes no sense.

the injury part is another thing definitely not in control of Koeman since they have a medical team and it‘s been clear that the medical team in Barcelona is just bad. Most players get injured, come back and get injured in the same game again. ( Pedri Right now) Laporta wants to overhaul the whole medical center for a reason. Dembele was never injured before joining Barcelona. When was coutinho ever injured during inter, espanyol and Liverpool? Max 2 months?

those talented players u talking about have done nothing that tells u that they are better than an EL squad. There‘s a new route in football - it‘s not 2010 anymore where u have the ball and u win. Teams like Bayern, Madrid in the past and Chelsea have players who are physical strong. I am not saying that Koeman is not at fault but in Barcelona people don‘t seem to realize that football changed.
Imagine a midfield of Pedri, De Jong and Gavi. It‘s gettin overran it doesn‘t matter how talented those players are. If u have to start a 17 yr old because u have no options - than I know that u are in trouble.

the only proper defender they have is araujo. The others are past their prime ( pique) , full and/ or mentally weak ( Alba) and not experienced enough or just not good enough ( Garcia, Mingueza) . I don‘t need to mention yellow card Lenglet and Umtiti who ended his career after winning the WC.

we definitely ain‘t on the same page.

Last edited:
It’s quite funny that u say that Koeman was apparently the reason for Suarez. You know that Barca couldn‘t pay Suarez anymore right ? They wanted to get rid off him. It‘s been clear since 2019 that Barcelona has very bad finances. I mentioned it and I will mention it again. For me the whole squad is absolutely overrated. Now u also mention that Koeman is underperforming but in the next sentence u talk about how his whole offense is injured ?
They couldnt keep Suarez but could keep Griezman ? lol

You keep saying theyre overrated, from what point of view ? Is Real Madrid's aging squad much better ? They lost at home to Sheriff, mate. Sheriff's squad is valuate at less than Bale's wage per year. Going by your logic that Barca lost to Benfica cause of an inferior squad then Real's squad must be inferior to Sheriff's as it can't be Ancelotti's fault , he has won 3 champions league trophies with 2 different teams , Real included !!!

Also yeah they lack fitness that can lead to injuries. Laporta recentlyfound found out Barca trains 4 hours less than other top teams in europe and he hired someone to get them fit. Again this is also Koeman's fault.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.