Barcelona Thread - 2021/22

Almost £1.4 billion in debt. Salaries 103% of turnover.
And yet so called professional football journalists, even from broadsheets, were gleefully reporting with a straight face that Barca were going to sign 5-6 of our first teamers only a month ago.
If they had any dignity they would be ashamed and apologising for their gullibility and stupidity.
But they don't and they won’t

That clown on the Sky Transfer show has just tried to put out that Ronald Koeman personally phoned Tammy Abraham’s at the last minute to ask him to join Barca. What were they going to pay Chelsea with left over Messi shirts ??

From the BBC:

Laporta says the impact of Covid has been calculated at 91m euros (£77m) and the club has a negative net worth of 451m euros (£383m).

"Our salaries represent 103% of the club's total income. That's 20-25% more than our competitors," he says.

Surely clear evidence of breach of FFP, so can we expect the very public investigation by UEFA and La Liga? Or is it do as we say not as we do?
Well, the evidence of a violation of the break even rule seems fairly clear without the need to scrutinise old emails and accuse anyone of false accounting. I'm sure there will be attempts to strip Barcelona of titles won in the last ten years and boot them out of la Liga. What really interested me is the curious way Snr Tebas's salary cap seems to work. Am I right in believing that a wage bill of 110% of total revenue won't wash, but reduce it to a paltry 103% is absolutely fine. That's savage!

Why don't their owners/members chip in and help?

Cheapskates, run it into the ground and won't put their hands in their pockets.

so let me get this right ? barcelona are in debt to the tune of £1.5billion and uefa and its members set up the FFP in 2013/14 to stop this sort of thing happening to clubs

sorry but am i missing something here ? manchester city don't have any sort of debt or loans against assets
and the club is run in the best possible way and they are trying to ban us and kick us out of europe ???

clearly uefa FFP failed because barcelona and uefa are part of the same thing and debt does not count because they are part of the uefa board and not looking at them breaking the rules

so so funny that nobody in the uk media blinks a eye at united spending £130million knowing clearly that debt of £500million will grow to over £700million because of covid-19 and the money they spent this summer

then funny enough pep spent most of the pre-match media interview being drilled by the press about buying jack grealish and wanting harry kane ???

so let me get this right ? barcelona are in debt to the tune of £1.5billion and uefa and its members set up the FFP in 2013/14 to stop this sort of thing happening to clubs

sorry but am i missing something here ? manchester city don't have any sort of debt or loans against assets
and the club is run in the best possible way and they are trying to ban us and kick us out of europe ???

clearly uefa FFP failed because barcelona and uefa are part of the same thing and debt does not count because they are part of the uefa board and not looking at them breaking the rules

so so funny that nobody in the uk media blinks a eye at united spending £130million knowing clearly that debt of £500million will grow to over £700million because of covid-19 and the money they spent this summer

then funny enough pep spent most of the pre-match media interview being drilled by the press about buying jack grealish and wanting harry kane ???

Thats it in a nutshell - the City hate is strong sadly

The more important point from all of this is how much were they paying Pique?

If him agreeing to a wage cut has now allowed the signing of Depay, Garcia and Manaj, how much fucking money were they spunking on him every week!

The more important point from all of this is how much were they paying Pique?

If him agreeing to a wage cut has now allowed the signing of Depay, Garcia and Manaj, how much fucking money were they spunking on him every week!
I think some creative accounting around amortisation would explain this tbf. As a homegrown and club trained player he has zero value on the books

Thats it in a nutshell - the City hate is strong sadly

And if proof were ever needed, this is it. FFP has been and remains an all out assault on one club. That rival clubs want to prevent competition is a scandal but not surprising. The really sinister aspect of all this is the control those clubs exert over the entire sports media.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.