Barcelona Vs Arsenal 2nd Leg

Valdes is out for 6 weeks and im not too sure on how good pinto is.

I think whoever scores first will go through.

Lumberjack Pete7 said:
Valdes is out for 6 weeks and im not too sure on how good pinto is.

I think whoever scores first will go through.
Valdes ain't great anyway

If they play more like they did in the 2nd half today they will beat Arsenal convincingly. In the first half, too much overplaying, pointless trickery, and other silliness and they were nearly made to pay for it.

It's really hard to call, I actually said in the first leg, pressing Barca high is a good way to play when you are the home team and a good team, I felt sort of correct in my opinion, debatable.

At the Nou Camp though, it's a completely different story, from what I've seen....You have to crowd the middle and sit back, you have to let them dominate you, you can't go to Barca and try to play them at their own game. At home? Yeah, good teams can go toe to toe because away from home, with the crowd, the fact players are away from home, possibly not as sharp because of the trip, especially latter on in the game. Arsenal had the quality to do so.

I think at Barca, you just quite literally two banks of 4, concede possesion, let them use it wide, play quite deep but then keep two men forward, one in the hole and then one moving in the channels with pace. So I'd play Walcott alongside Van Persie if I was wenger, as soon as you win the ball back, look to release Walcott or even the ball into Van Persie and break quickly and effectively, because Barca's full backs don't stay back so there's plenty of space to exploit.

Barca can cause problems wide as shown in almost all their games but at least it means that if Barca are going to score, it's going to be through their own quality, individual ability rather than just being completely sliced open.

Arsenal need to concede possession, I'm talking 70%+, just accept it and do a job. Arsene says he doesn't have the players but they have defenders who are good defenders, as well as likes of Song, Fabregas, Wilshere who all have good reading of the game and ability on the ball. Any team playing a high line at the Nou Camp, you are just being absolutely suicidal.

That's my opinion, to be honest, probably all bull shit and not even close to how you should.

Arsenal have the quality to get through the tie though. They can score goals on the break, Barca looking slightly shaky at the back recently and will be without Pique. Scoring 2 goals isn't out the question, would also mean Barca need 4.

Arsene though, will he really change the style that much? even the style at Emirates, I agreed, still on a normal day wasn't enough.

Should of been 2-0, wrong offside, while Messi who is the most clinical finisher in the world in my opinion missed two chances he buries about 19 out of 20. If he gets those chances again, he'll score.

I think it could be 3-1 Barcelona, Messi (2), Villa.<br /><br />-- Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:40 pm --<br /><br />
Lumberjack Pete7 said:
the game just depends on whether messi turns up or not. 90% of the time he does.

Depends what you mean by turn up. He missed two great chances at Arsenal and you could say he didn't have a good game but I think he was still comfortably the best dangerous player on the pitch as well as setting up the goal and having a goal wrongly disallowed.

when messi plays with a lot of conviction i.e beating players and getting involved a lot then Barcelona will surely win, he lifts everybody all the Barcelona players and the 70-80 thousand home fans. at the emirates (apart from being crowded out a lot, which he is probably used to by now) he didn't really get a foothold in the game. at the nou camp its his playground so i expect another magnificent performance.

I have no idea who will win but what I do know is the first leg was one of the BEST games of football I have seen in a long long time - it would be nice to think City would be able to play like that eventually

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.