Barcelona Vs City CL 2nd leg Post Match Thread

Terrible ref got everything wrong which kind of balanced it out in the end.

We were second best over the two legs.

We MUST win our next few league games now.

Great draw taken away from us by some horrid last minute defending....some great performances from VK and Fernandinho and some horrid performances from Kolarov and Lescott, shit referee who after his 2 Barca errors in the first half gave us nothing for the rest of the match

Did OK in the first half but certainly were lucky on a couple of early refereeing decisions. Given that we are chasing the game, we were bound to give them some opportunities.

I liked that we took an aggressive approach but there were times when I thought we chased the ball too much rather than just closing their men and space down.

Some of our inherent weaknesses in terms of our players were highlighted and it confirmed, if any confirmation was required, that we need to strengthen the squad to be serious contenders for this trophy.

We started well in second half but Lescott's blunder maimed us and the ref killed us off.

We should have held on for the draw after equalising by getting everyone behind the ball.

We could beat them, they just got the better of us this time but on another day we'd score a hatful against them. So proud of the lads, they should've had a pen but we should've had two. Buy a solid partner for Kompany and there's not much between us and the Barcas of this world. Today gave me so much hope and optimism for next year. If only we started the last game how we did today maybe we'd have won that game.

Promising performance from the team. Strange decisions from the ref. Hope we can get back on track in the PL on Saturday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.