Barcelona vs City - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Lionel free to play ?
Yes, came on and scored yesterday. I love zab to death but I wouldn't start him on weds Neymar will rip him apart, he's lost a lot of pace and looks vulnerable. Maybe try the 3 at the back again with Vinnie in the middle of otimendi and stones and take the game to them, we've nothing to lose, just have a good go and we'll see

Is Lionel free to play ?

Yep, had a 40 minute cameo in the 2nd half - scored after his 3rd touch. He showed some rust from the 3 week layoff but also reminded viewers just how special a player he is. Can't wait to see this match live on Wednesday!

Dinho, Gundogan, Silva and KDB needs to play.
battle of midfield are vital in this game.
with our shit defend, City will always leak goals.
so it pointless to sit and defend, and let them take control ball possession.

3-3-3-1 formation.
try take control the game and keep the ball as long as possible.
force messi to drop deep, far away from the goal post.

--------------- aguero
--- nolito ----- kdb ----- sterling
-- gundogan -- dinho -- silva
-- kolarov -- stones -- otamendi

park the bus and hit them on the counter. IMO if we try to go toe to toe, they will just rip us apart, especially with the slow and old defence we have. Because they have superior players in pretty much every position.

Can't see anything other than a loss. No shame in admitting they are a much better team.

Hopefully Kompany is fit enough to start so we can play 3 at the back properly. Zaba, Kolarov/Clichy MUST NOT start, Neymar and Messi will leave them for dead. If we want to get something out of this game 3 at the back is our only option and I personally think Pep will try it out again.

Manchester city should never start an important game without David Silva in the side. Ever.

I find it frankly astonishing that any City fan would omit Silva after watching him play yesterday.

His and Gundogan's ability to retain possession will be essential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.