Barcelona

They need some more mobility in midfield and a proper defender.

Pique is alright alongside Puyol but he can't go on forever. Marquinhos is young but could be molded into a fine CB.

Thiago would have been perfect in midfield and its a fuck up from Barca that they kept pressing ahead with there Xavi-Busquets-Iniesta midfield in games they didn't need to leaving Thiago on the bench.

The need to overhaul their defense and probably add some better cover as a destroyer in the midfield. Come to think of it, they have Mascherano and Song.

Anyway, Seriously, isn't anyone interested in seeing what a strikeforce of Neymar and Messi would give, that's potentially the closet we could get to a Ronaldo Messi strikeforce. If those two gel, Barca could be interesting to watch.

Neymar made a mistake going to Barcelona unless they change their style of play. He is much more direct and I can see him and Messi clashing. Both have huge egos and like to be the star of the show.

Barcelona are clearly declining and have been so because of the fall of Puyol, but much much more importantly the decline in Xavi. Changing the entire system to suit Messi has also made them weaker.

They need to buy actual centre backs instead of the foolish belief that midfielders can be used at the back with no problem. Alves had a poor season last year, but I don't think he is on the decline yet.

I think they will probably win the league next season, but not the Champions League.

@voomer
On the contrary.

That guy has no bearing on this, he is off little substance and Barca are an interesting topic. They are in transition from the Guardiola era and are going to make changes will make some unhappy.

Syth said:
(...)
Madrid in my opinion will be a terrific team next season. Ancelotti is one of the best managers around and he'll do wonders with their squad.(...)
I love Ancelotti as a coach, brilliant tactician and acts like a true gentleman compared to someone like Mourinho, but somehow he massively underachieved domestically with his teams. He managed Juve from 99-01 and Milan from 01-09 but won only one league during that time. He's always been brilliant in the big games, finding the perfect tactics but never really managed to build a team full of determination to win every game against everyone all season. La Liga these days for Real and Barca is more about not slipping up against all the other teams than about winning the games against each other, not sure he could beat Barca to the title, if the winning team needs to finish with 95-100points.

Real will be tough to beat in the CL, though. No doubt about that.

JollyGood,
I'm with you on Ancelotti, great bloke (one of the true footballing good guys and very funny, too) and a fantastic big game coach, but there are question marks over his domestic record - the opposite to Mancini really!
He did win the league with Chelsea I suppose (though perhaps a little lucky to do so?).

Having said that Real are so superior to everyone in Spain except Barca, surely just on that basis they'll be close to winning la liga and as has been noted on here, Barca are facing several big question marks so perhaps a slightly lower points total will be required. Also Ancelotti will be a welcome antidote to Mourinho so I'd expect that alone to give them a bit of a temporary boost this season

They will, as you say, be a formidable opponent in the CL

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.