Barceloneta Beach Party - Details + Map. Sticky Please Mods!

Cambridgeblue

Mods - sticky please!

Right me and Patrick went to Barceloneta beach today to sort out the venue... we've booked a beach bar called "Chinringuito Goa" which for one day only will be renamed "Chinringuito Goal" in our honour. They are putting on extra staff and will be doing some drinks deals for us so me and Patrick have had to put a deposit down so please, please, please do spread the word because if nobody turns up we'll both be majorly out of pocket.

The event is scheduled to kick off at around 3pm (local time) and we imagine that people will start heading off to the Camp Nou at around half seven or eight.

The bar itself is easy to find and is right on the beach... To get there head out of Barceloneta Metro and cross the road towards Passeig de Joan de Borbó. You will pass a spar supermarket on your left hand side. The bar is not the one straight in front of you but is the first on the left about ten meters or so down.

Directions from Barceloneta Metro station are here:

<a class="postlink" href="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=barceloneta+metro&daddr=41.375870,2.19060&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&dirflg=w&sll=41.376849,2.188747&sspn=0.004879,0.013754&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sourc ... 8&t=h&z=15</a>

Or for a zoomed in satelllite view that points directly to it follow this link.

<a class="postlink" href="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=41.375870,2.19060+&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=7.866934,28.168945&ie=UTF8&ll=41.375944,2.190216&spn=0.00061,0.001719&t=h&z=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sourc ... 9&t=h&z=19</a>

We've got a five piece band set up, at no cost to you but we would welcome any donations from people who are attending (a euro or two) to help us cover our costs. Patrick and the band will be performing selections from his forthcoming album of City songs which will be available to buy on cd and will also be on Itunes shortly.

I know it probably doesn't need saying but please, please remember that we are guests in their country and ambassadors of our club. There will probably be media from both Spain and England there so by all means have a good time but be mindful not to cause trouble and not to sully the good name of our club by singing m**ich songs. Never forget that one of our own died in that tragedy... and one of the heroes of 1966 was lucky to survive.

For those of you who don't know your history Ex City keeper Frank Swift was one of the eight journalists who were killed in the crash. Frank made 376 appearences for the club which included a staggering run of more than 200 consecutive matches. Frank was a key part of the 1934 FA cup winning side and the 1936-7 league cup winning team.

N.B. For those arriving on Tuesday night there will be an informal meet up at the appropriately named "Manchester Bar" which is located at the corner of Valldonzella and Joaquin Costa - Near Placa Catalunya and Universitat Metro.

Someone has (thankfully) reminded me that there are two Manchester Bars in Barcelona. To clarify the one where we're aiming to meet is NOT the one on Carrer Milans near Carrer Ample. If you start walking down the Ramblas and you go past the Mercat de San José (on your right) or Liceu station then you have gone too far. You want to turn around and head down Carrer del Talles and take a left down Calle de Valldonzella.

Re: Barceloneta Beach Gathering - Important Details

gutted i am not going, sounds brilliant hope you all have a top time as I am sure will.. Be safe blues...

Bring it on ;-)

21enlvr.jpg

Sounds like you all will have a wonderful time. Let the bluemoon rise at the beach and safe journey all.

Well done Tom & Pat fo helping orgaise it .I am Gutted i cant make it now & have 2 spare tickets for the City end .Am jealous as F**k . but that is life can we make this a sticky please mods

Cambridgeblue said:
To get there head out of Barcelona Metro and cross the road towards Passeig de Joan de Borbó. You will pass a spar supermarket on your left hand side. The bar is not the one straight in front of you but is the first on the left about ten meters or so down.
I presume you mean Barceloneta Metro...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.