Barclays caught fiddling!(All the banks now!)

Re: Barclays caught fiddling!

Surgical aprons, surgical masks, rubber gloves and a pistol.

Dig a large pit, line them up kneeling, hands behind their heads and let inner city schoolchildren shoot ten each. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang.

Party atmosphere. Like the Olympic Torch relay.

Rammy Blue said:
Big Bad Bob falls on sword!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18685040

Pretty sure the 100mil he's earned in the last 7 years will comfort him though....

I'm still not happy.
I want the **** in a police cell answering questions about fraud.
I want his assets frozen.
I want his bank accounts frozen.
I want the same to happen to all of those implicated in this too and their bosses.

Being allowed to resign and go on holiday to The Seychelles is not enough.
These cunts need to be set on fire.

Swales lives said:
Rammy Blue said:

Pretty sure the 100mil he's earned in the last 7 years will comfort him though....

I'm still not happy.
I want the same to happen to all of those implicated in this too and their bosses.

You may well get your wish, I don't think he'd have resigned unless he knew the wolves were after him.

It will be interesting to see how Cameron deals with all this, his pals in the City will be hoping he keeps their backs covered but the "people" have had enough.

Rammy Blue said:
Swales lives said:
Rammy Blue said:

I'm still not happy.

You may well get your wish, I don't think he'd have resigned unless he knew the wolves were after him.

It will be interesting to see how Cameron deals with all this, his pals in the City will be hoping he keeps their backs covered but the "people" have had enough.

It was Barclays that reported the incident to the FSA, it was the FSA who made the record fine - how do you reconcile that with your vision of this murky world of back street deals and winks and nudges?

metalblue said:
Rammy Blue said:
Swales lives said:
I'm still not happy.

It was Barclays that reported the incident to the FSA, it was the FSA who made the record fine - how do you reconcile that with your vision of this murky world of back street deals and winks and nudges?

Barclays reporting the practice does not exonerate them. I want all the banks and individuals involved in this grand-fraud fined to the hilt and some serious jail-terms handed out. Not just for the Barclays lot - but all of the banks involved.

Does the general public not realise how much they have been swindled in the past 7 years or more?

We've payed too much for loans, mortgages and credit cards 'cos the 'free-market' was 'fixed'. Small businesses have been mis-sold useless and expensive financial products, some people have gone bankrupt, had their houses repossessed. Even worse, some people have taken their own lives, killed their loved ones 'cos they can't cope with modern life and the financial pressures it brings. The banks with their fraudulent practices have aided and abetted many tragedies. You may think I'm exaggerating but these bankers have blood on their hands. And I want the bastards to pay.

metalblue said:
Rammy Blue said:
Swales lives said:
I'm still not happy.

A record fine that amounted to a few days profit whilst the victims of the crime have no doubt been swindles out of millions due to the nature of the fraud and many SME's have no doubt gone.

Admitting to a crime after the event does not make it all ok and go away.

With the millions in rewards goes the full responsibility for his company's actions and resigning with a big fat pay off is simply not justice in anybody's eyes and should a criminal event be proven, the full weight of the law should be brought to bare on all those involved, regardless of their position.

Rammy has this spot on when he says it will be interesting to see whether the government does all it can to shield these guys or throws them to the wolves so to speak.

The public is not going to be fobbed off with some twenty something trader thrown in jail for a few months over this, they want those at the top and rightly so imo.<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:48 am --<br /><br />
Swales lives said:
metalblue said:
Rammy Blue said:

Barclays reporting the practice does not exonerate them. I want all the banks and individuals involved in this grand-fraud fined to the hilt and some serious jail-terms handed out. Not just for the Barclays lot - but all of the banks involved.

Does the general public not realise how much they have been swindled in the past 7 years or more?

We've payed too much for loans, mortgages and credit cards 'cos the 'free-market' was 'fixed'. Small businesses have been mis-sold useless and expensive financial products, some people have gone bankrupt, had their houses repossessed. Even worse, some people have taken their own lives, killed their loved ones 'cos they can't cope with modern life and the financial pressures it brings. The banks with their fraudulent practices have aided and abetted many tragedies. You may think I'm exaggerating but these bankers have blood on their hands. And I want the bastards to pay.

Put far better than i ever could mate.

I don't think I need respond after Swales' and Blueinsa's posts.

Swales lives said:
metalblue said:
Rammy Blue said:

If you read what I said you'd have seen that I did not suggest they should be exonerated (indeed in previous posts I have suggest the exact opposite) I was merely countering the suggestion there is going to be some sort of "cover-up".

As for the bit underlined I really don't know where to begin - most (~98%) of retail mortgages in the UK use the BoE Base Rate rather than LIBOR, some commerical loans and "specalist" mortgages would peg to LIBOR and the amounts involved are not known yet and we need to remember the difference in the LIBOR rate smoothed over time (the manipulation was down as well as up) will be probably close to 0 although it is highly likely that some people will have been negatively impacted (and some positively) both directly and indirectly and they need compensation. The chances that the level of rate manipulation directly led to any tragedies I think would be remote as the rate variations involved are pretty small and if you can't afford say a 0.25% move in a loan interest rate then you've got much bigger financial problems and, subject to circumstances having changed, should look into being mis-sold your loan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.