Barnsley live stream on OS?

JonnyStrider said:
You often see hightlights from reserve games/youth games, sosomebody films them, so there is a chance this game could be streamed
It needs to be shown live somewhere, not just filmed, in order to be streamed. I hope you're right, but I doubt we'll find this one anywhere.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but wasn't the 1860 Munich freindly streamed in basically a video camera!? They usually have some sort of footage from the game on show somewhere as the team uses the games for analysis on performance etc!

Crouchy said:
Forgive me if I'm wrong but wasn't the 1860 Munich freindly streamed in basically a video camera!? They usually have some sort of footage from the game on show somewhere as the team uses the games for analysis on performance etc!

I think that as long as there's a high-speed data connection available to transmit the footage from the camera the match doesn't need to be broadcast by a TV station, the footage can be fed straight to a server for streaming on the 'net.

Crouchy said:
You're confusing live streaming with video highlights.

I'm sure there will be highlights of the game available afterwards as someone will be filming it. But to be streamed live, it will need to be carried live by a TV station, which I doubt will happen.

Dubai Blue said:
Crouchy said:

I'm sure there will be highlights of the game available afterwards as someone will be filming it. But to be streamed live, it will need to be carried live by a TV station, which I doubt will happen.
I was meaning that the 1860 Munich game was streamed on a shit camera which was undoubtedly intended for highlights

I would be illegal for us to show a live stream if it's being shown live on TV in the UK. Part of the rights to live broadcasting includes the right to have sole live broadcasting rights to the game for the duration of the game in that country - that's why, on the rare occasion when a game is shown on several channels (i.e. World Cup) it's always shown on one channel and then the other channel picks up as soon as the first channel's coverage ends, or later in the day. That's also why we got the Vodacom matches - the TV company could get nothing out of the UK because the rights (and their broadcasting) only extended to SA, so they were happy to let us stream to the UK. This right includes internet broadcasting. The only way we could get round this is by signing an agreement with the broadcaster, again to tap into their line and show their feed because we wouldn't be allowed our own live cameras, but it's highly unlikely a TV company is actually going to want to agree to this - it somewhat discourages City fans from paying for their TV if we know that we can watch every game for free and quite legally on the internet.

I'd say we'll be treated to another highlights special, like the one with 1860 in Rottach-Egern during the Bavaria training camp.

Falastur said:
I would be illegal for us to show a live stream if it's being shown live on TV in the UK. Part of the rights to live broadcasting includes the right to have sole live broadcasting rights to the game for the duration of the game in that country - that's why, on the rare occasion when a game is shown on several channels (i.e. World Cup) it's always shown on one channel and then the other channel picks up as soon as the first channel's coverage ends, or later in the day. That's also why we got the Vodacom matches - the TV company could get nothing out of the UK because the rights (and their broadcasting) only extended to SA, so they were happy to let us stream to the UK. This right includes internet broadcasting. The only way we could get round this is by signing an agreement with the broadcaster, again to tap into their line and show their feed because we wouldn't be allowed our own live cameras, but it's highly unlikely a TV company is actually going to want to agree to this - it somewhat discourages City fans from paying for their TV if we know that we can watch every game for free and quite legally on the internet.

I'd say we'll be treated to another highlights special, like the one with 1860 in Rottach-Egern during the Bavaria training camp.

Is that you Garry?

Crouchy said:
Dubai Blue said:

I was meaning that the 1860 Munich game was streamed on a shit camera which was undoubtedly intended for highlights
Apologies. Didn't realise it was streamed live as well. Just thought it was the highlights afterwards.

maybe they'll have a web cam set up and stream through windows media encoder :)
thats what i do when i dj on internet radio and thats world wide

only ever get 20 viewers/listeners like

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.