Barry>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>De Jong

Sabster

You must all agree that Barry is far more technically gifted than De Jong (better on the ball, picking out a pass etc.

But I am sure you will all say that De Jong breaks up the play really well but the fact of the matter is he doesn't:

Consider these stats for a second:

Completed Tackles:

Barry: 91
De Jong: 63

Fouls Conceded (Effectively breaking up play):

Barry: 57
De Jong: 42

Yellow Cards:

De Jong: 7
Barry: 4

So Barry concedes more fouls but has far fewer cards, does this not show he knows when and how to break up an attack rather than diving in like a headless chicken (de jong).

These stats cleary prove that Barry breaks up play better than De Jong. So with this being true, what the fuck does De Jong add that Barry doesn't?

Kung-Fu Skills?

ehhhhhhh no.... dont think we have been watching the same players mate, barry drifts in and out of games, often letting the whole match pass him by. de jong is always stuck in always the first to put in that crucial tackle. the only element of his game which i could criticise is his passing. but in a defensive mid the last thing im bothers about him doing is spraying the ball around with elaborate passes. as long as he breaks up play and dominate the midfield (which he does do) im alright.

supercity36 said:
ehhhhhhh no.... dont think we have been watching the same players mate, barry drifts in and out of games, often letting the whole match pass him by. de jong is always stuck in always the first to put in that crucial tackle. the only element of his game which i could criticise is his passing. but in a defensive mid the last thing im bothers about him doing is spraying the ball around with elaborate passes. as long as he breaks up play and dominate the midfield (which he does do) im alright.

Don't think you know anything about football mate............

Barry breaks up play better you cannot argue with those stats. For ther record if you look at the stats this way Mascherano comes out on top which implies this analysis is right as Mascherano breaks up play better than anyone else.

Dominates the midfield??? De Jong sits really deep, doesn't make passes and lets us be dominated.

Sabster said:
You must all agree that Barry is far more technically gifted than De Jong (better on the ball, picking out a pass etc.

But I am sure you will all say that De Jong breaks up the play really well but the fact of the matter is he doesn't:

Consider these stats for a second:

Completed Tackles:

Barry: 91
De Jong: 63

Fouls Conceded (Effectively breaking up play):

Barry: 57
De Jong: 42

Yellow Cards:

De Jong: 7
Barry: 4

So Barry concedes more fouls but has far fewer cards, does this not show he knows when and how to break up an attack rather than diving in like a headless chicken (de jong).

These stats cleary prove that Barry breaks up play better than De Jong. So with this being true, what the fuck does De Jong add that Barry doesn't?

Kung-Fu Skills?

NDJ all day long over Barry for me. NDJ is stronger in the tackle. Keeps it simple once he has won it and does his job.

Sabster said:
supercity36 said:

Barry breaks up play better you cannot argue with those stats. For ther record if you look at the stats this way Mascherano comes out on top which implies this analysis is right as Mascherano breaks up play better than anyone else.

Dominates the midfield??? De Jong sits really deep, doesn't make passes and lets us be dominated.

stats mean a total of fuck all... darren bent scored more than carlos tevez. according to that stat bent's better than tevez. agree? and if you think mascherano is the best defensive mid in the prem your joking. fair does he was injured so he wont be in your "stats", but mascherano isnt fit to lace essiens boots (the same essien who de jong dominated vs chelsea)

Sabster said:
supercity36 said:

Have a fucking day off. Wow, you can read some stats? Thankyou sir alex, which Prem club would you like to manage next?

Nigel de Jong, more consistent than Barry, brilliant at his job which is to just sit in front of the back 4, clean up, then pass the ball to a more creative team members.

Barry was originally one of these more creative players I think but hasn't performed aswell as the club would of hoped which is why I reckon he will now be a squad player, with the likes of Milner and Yaya Toure above him.

ZIMMER%20FRAME.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.