Barry on ice

Shaelumstash

Firstly, I genuinely think Sunday against Spurs is the best performance I have ever seen from a City team.

Quite justifiably, the fluidity of the 3 creative players and the movement and finishing of Dzeko are getting all the headlines.

However, I have watched the game back again today and Gareth Barry was absolutely incredible. He must surely be the most underrated player in the league.

If Xavi Alonso or Mascerano, or even Tom Cleverley had played like that, the media would be purring.

He is such an intelligent player in that position. He reads the game so well, and he uses the ball quickly and decisively. His decision making is absolutely outstanding. He is never going to get the headlines, and he is not the quickest player, but on Sunday he proved the old cliche that the first 5 yards are in your head.

i have started watching City games after the Dzeko's arrival. Last couple of games i am amazed how this guy(Barry) plays . Pity there are lot of other guys shining right now and shadowing his games. Good for England to have a quit guy, working hard and playing very clever game. If he holds the same level he will be definitely a new Xavi.

No joke , no matter how much i focus on Edin ,Nasri,Silva ... Barry is definitely becoming my favorite player.

Is he playing a new position right now or what is the change from the last season? i am not sure.

Shaelumstash said:
Firstly, I genuinely think Sunday against Spurs is the best performance I have ever seen from a City team. Quite justifiably, the fluidity of the 3 creative players and the movement and finishing of Dzeko are getting all the headlines.

However, I have watched the game back again today and Gareth Barry was absolutely incredible. He must surely be the most underrated player in the league.

If Xavi Alonso or Mascerano, or even Tom Cleverley had played like that, the media would be purring.

He is such an intelligent player in that position. He reads the game so well, and he uses the ball quickly and decisively. His decision making is absolutely outstanding. He is never going to get the headlines, and he is not the quickest player, but on Sunday he proved the old cliche that the first 5 yards are in your head.
5-1 against rags?

My main issue with Barry is that he takes too long passing the ball.
I don't know if he's been on a real fitness regime with Dzeko, but he seems slimmer and quicker which in turn seems to have sped up his distribution

Barry isn't exceptionally fast and doesn't make 'heroic' (read: potentially leg breaking) tackles so the media will never love him like others. He's quiet and just runs in the background, strangely reminds me of this laptops security you have no idea it's around until it turns off and then all shit is let loose. It and he are essential.

I agree with the poster who says De Jong will have to wait, Barry has scored and been unfortunate in both other games too, hitting the bar against Swansea and that screamer against spurs. Also he was the furthest forward to set up Dzeko's last goal with a nice little pass into his feet.
He definitely looks better with Yaya next to him than De Jong. (and i love De Jong)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.