Barry on ice

MC ID said:
Barry isn't exceptionally fast and doesn't make 'heroic' (read: potentially leg breaking) tackles so the media will never love him like others. He's quiet and just runs in the background, strangely reminds me of this laptops security you have no idea it's around until it turns off and then all shit is let loose. It and he are essential.

Couldn't have put it better myself!! :-)

One of our most under rated players and plays for the team.

Dax777 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Lebouski said:
with Barry playing so well, who do you drop for De Jong out of that team..........Yaya?

Its quite simple that De Jong will have to wait his turn
Hmmm! Interesting view.

A year ago I would have laughed at that idea, but Barrys improvement this season has been huge. He does seem to have an extra yard of pace and is really zipping his passes at pace into the feet of serge, dave and Samir(against spuds).
As much as I love Nige, he has to be able to fit into the way that Bobby wants us to play , and at the moment I think Barry fits into it better. Just think that he complements yaya better, not that he's a better player

leighton said:
Barry fan club out in force today. Once De Jong is fit he will take Barrys place more combative in midfield and we will need that if we continue with Nasri and Silva.

hahaaha for two seasons you have been saying this!

weejh said:
Dax777 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Its quite simple that De Jong will have to wait his turn
Hmmm! Interesting view.

A year ago I would have laughed at that idea, but Barrys improvement this season has been huge. He does seem to have an extra yard of pace and is really zipping his passes at pace into the feet of serge, dave and Samir(against spuds).
As much as I love Nige, he has to be able to fit into the way that Bobby wants us to play , and at the moment I think Barry fits into it better. Just think that he complements yaya better, not that he's a better player

Barry has not found an extra yard of pace.He is playing very well but basically doing what he has been doing for years and at the momenet he is getting noticed and the boo boys have had to stay quiet.

beautiful_mind said:
i have started watching City games after the Dzeko's arrival. Last couple of games i am amazed how this guy(Barry) plays . Pity there are lot of other guys shining right now and shadowing his games. Good for England to have a quit guy, working hard and playing very clever game. If he holds the same level he will be definitely a new Xavi.

No joke , no matter how much i focus on Edin ,Nasri,Silva ... Barry is definitely becoming my favorite player.

Is he playing a new position right now or what is the change from the last season? i am not sure.

Hmmm, he'll being the 'new' Xavi considering he hits the wrong side of 30 this season, and hes always played the holding role...

leewill31 said:
leighton said:
Barry fan club out in force today. Once De Jong is fit he will take Barrys place more combative in midfield and we will need that if we continue with Nasri and Silva.

hahaaha for two seasons you have been saying this!

I will continue saying it as Barry isnt consistant. We see him start the season off well all the time since he came to the club he has always started the season well. Then 5 games in he goes to 1 good game every 5 games he can never stay consistant enough to keep his place with these signings. Whats the old pharse One swallow doesnt make a summer this pharse and Barry goes hand in hand for me.

A few half decent performances in NO WAY make up for his general poorness. He makes more mistakes and gives the ball away more than any other regular starter, this could probably be the last season in which he plays a major role.

Against spurs he was under very little pressure, it wasn't a tough game for him so he wasn't found out.

matt99is said:
A few half decent performances in NO WAY make up for his general poorness. He makes more mistakes and gives the ball away more than any other regular starter, this could probably be the last season in which he plays a major role.

Against spurs he was under very little pressure, it wasn't a tough game for him so he wasn't found out.

I'm not sure you could be more wrong. Barry is a must for our team, he always has been from the minute he arrived. He's had his doubters, and that's fair enough, but he has all the experience of the premier league, and that's vital. He's the kind of player who'll get booked early, but then he'll still put himself about to an extent but never get sent off.

De Jong won't walk back into the team and I'm sure he realises that. Barry is first choice right now, and Mancini would be sending out the wrong message if that wasn't the case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.