Barton doesn't rate Barry

i think what Joey said was true and i honestly think is up to Barry to proof him wrong and let him know it isn't what he says that would let him get a blue shirt again.seeya Joey.

afro2007 said:
i think what Joey said was true and i honestly think is up to Barry to proof him wrong and let him know it isn't what he says that would let him get a blue shirt again.seeya Joey.

hahahahaha well Barry's England caps and him playing for a top 4 team says otherwise,he has fook all to prove to that thug!

I'd like to see the context in which he gave that interview. I get the feeling some of it was just dry humour, similar to what Balotelli said about Wilshere. What he says about England though is spot on.

Joey Barton has hit out at former Manchester City team-mate Ousmane Dabo over the infamous training ground bust-up in 2007 that left the Frenchman in hospital.

Barton was handed a four-month suspended prison sentence for assault along with 200 hours community service, after Dabo pressed charges. But the 28-year-old claims he has never told his side of the story and revealed that it was Dabo who started the fight.

"I have never given my side of the story, but the truth is that he started the fight and I finished it," Barton told French Magazine So Foot. "Frankly, Ousmane is a little pussy. It's him who hit me from behind with his hand.

"When he did that, I hit him back. It happened just like that, bang, bang bang and it was over. But I am no monster. I don't like fighting, but it's human to defend yourself. The problem was I hit him three times. Of course, it was not the best response, but I grew up in the street and when I am attacked, I defend myself and when you fight, there are no rules."

Barton wanted the pair to sort out their disagreement between themselves and said he was ''angry'' over the way that the incident has been portrayed.

"I wanted to discuss it like men, but he never came to see me and that makes me angry because he told lies in the papers and I was not able to respond,'' Barton said. "There was a late tackle in training and we exchanged a few words. I have an aggressive style and he wasn't happy.

"I told him, 'You are a piece of s**t, don't come looking for me'. He said, 'You are arrogant, you think you're something special'. We kept talking and I said, 'Yeah, you're great', but it was sarcastic because he was not playing well, so he slapped me from behind. He tried to be the bad boy, but it was him who ended up on the floor."

Dabo, who currently plays for MLS side New England Revolution, has previously maintained that it was Barton who attacked him from behind, labelling him a ''coward'' and said he was hit while unconscious from the first punch.

First Barry , now Dabo .......

Joey's on a real roll here ......

who's next?

i think i'll go an' hide behind the bushes at the bottom of me garden just incase he remembers i called him a right c#nt at the time of his leaving!

Andouble said:
Joey Barton has hit out at former Manchester City team-mate Ousmane Dabo over the infamous training ground bust-up in 2007 that left the Frenchman in hospital.

Barton was handed a four-month suspended prison sentence for assault along with 200 hours community service, after Dabo pressed charges. But the 28-year-old claims he has never told his side of the story and revealed that it was Dabo who started the fight.

"I have never given my side of the story, but the truth is that he started the fight and I finished it," Barton told French Magazine So Foot. "Frankly, Ousmane is a little pussy. It's him who hit me from behind with his hand.

"When he did that, I hit him back. It happened just like that, bang, bang bang and it was over. But I am no monster. I don't like fighting, but it's human to defend yourself. The problem was I hit him three times. Of course, it was not the best response, but I grew up in the street and when I am attacked, I defend myself and when you fight, there are no rules."

Barton wanted the pair to sort out their disagreement between themselves and said he was ''angry'' over the way that the incident has been portrayed.

"I wanted to discuss it like men, but he never came to see me and that makes me angry because he told lies in the papers and I was not able to respond,'' Barton said. "There was a late tackle in training and we exchanged a few words. I have an aggressive style and he wasn't happy.

"I told him, 'You are a piece of s**t, don't come looking for me'. He said, 'You are arrogant, you think you're something special'. We kept talking and I said, 'Yeah, you're great', but it was sarcastic because he was not playing well, so he slapped me from behind. He tried to be the bad boy, but it was him who ended up on the floor."

Dabo, who currently plays for MLS side New England Revolution, has previously maintained that it was Barton who attacked him from behind, labelling him a ''coward'' and said he was hit while unconscious from the first punch.
WOW

Words actually fail me... well not quite.

Complete and utter denial. This guy is no further down the line than the day it happened.

Chick Counterfly said:
Andouble said:

WOW

Complete and utter denial. This guy is no further down the line than the day it happened.
That's because he's staring at a going-nowhere career at Newcastle. He's not in the England squad. He's not going to get European football. Screw him.

taconinja said:
Chick Counterfly said:
WOW

That's because he's staring at a going-nowhere career at Newcastle. He's not in the England squad. He's not going to get European football. Screw him.

He has absolutely no chance with England, especially now Wilshire is twice the player Barton is and half the age... and I think that was his greatest hope.

But it's the complete hypocrisy of it that I genuinely find distasteful.

He criticises Dabo for not wanting to talk about it 'like a man'... this an ADULT who has paid the price for two really grotesque and unprovoked assualts on lads in their teens.

And the stuff about where he grew up, sorry kid, the stuff he's done is not normal for the people stuck there, let alone the ones who get a chance in the world. It's the kind of belief that you might get if you became rich, and the people you grew up with told you everything you did was okay and normal because they don't want to upset the golden calf... like Dabo said, he thinks he's something special, well maybe that's why... but it's exactly that distorted reality that his rehabilitation should have addressed.

After all the sweet talk about making a go of it, in my eyes, he's pretty much just thrown himself down the river again in the most public way imaginable. He had nothing, zero, to gain from this interview except a bit of self gratification, making himself feel big in public. It certainly won't attract other clubs if he has to leave Newcastle.

'I don't like fighting' (people my own size).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.