Basel (H) Post Match Thread

Pep: We are happy to be in the quarter-finals, we are so happy for that. Second half we didn't attack and forgot to even pass the ball... the second half was really really poor.

Yeah im pretty sure he has seen it for what it was. Poor performance but through with players rested, some given minutes and the kids gaining experience.

That's his job, to get us through doing all those things when he can and tonight was one of those opportunities.
You've kind of reiterated what I said. Yes, great we are through, we were anyway unless a miracle happened. He will have seen it for what it was; senior players not applying themselves especially to help Foden and Diaz.

Took the piss out of those of us that could be bothered going.
Sane and Foden looked interested as did Diaz when he came on. But the rest????
But we're through which is what matters in the long term.

Not sure what Yaya did to get back into the fold, but will freely admit I was quite disappointed to see him back in it the other night. He will always be a legend, but he needs to never play for City again. Even in pointless games.

Back home. Very cold on the bike tonight. A bit of a training game but we're through. Nice to see Foden get a full game. Yaya, oh dear! Sane gliding around the pitch. And credit to their fans, they were great.

Nothing to really criticise about tonight though. We were through so he played fringe players and kids, of course it’ll look disjointed with so many changes but pep will also know that if he needed to play Gundogan or Jesus or Laporte he can rely on them coming in as individuals to fill in gaps.
Whilst not the best performance I’m happy to have paid to watch Goden, Diaz, Zinchenko and even Tosin get good game time, good to see Jesus back and tbh Sane is worth admission alone at times.
I believe Sane is becoming a God.

No issue with the result,main thing was no injuries and we saved a lot of legs. We can't be too critical with performances as I think the message from Pep was clear, retain possession, nothing crazy and see the game out.

Exactly, Peps instruction, just keep the ball, play in 3rd gear, no need to pull yer tripe out. Were already through.

Laporte was also at fault for their first. He went too far forward and left a huge gap straight down the middle for Basle to run through. He might get away with that when Ferno is playing but Yaya was never going to drop into the space left.
Missed Dhino big time tonight. Hopefully he should be fit for Stoke.

Meh, City should have had three easy goals within the first 20 minutes. Not clinical enough! This isn't the same City team that started the season. A lot less attacking and a lot more kicking the ball around the midfield. I don't need to hear how De Bruyne didn't play. Basel's defense was pretty poor and City still couldn't do anything about it.

Also, Diaz is way better than both Foden and Chenko yet, he's the one that comes in in the 75th minute.

I get that mate but it's a post match thread not a season review so people can say what they like about his performance. I'm not gonna single out any players but a few tonight won't be starting games any time soon. Doubt peps too happy either.

Well that is a point but the comments aren't very post match......suggesting we sell someone after one bad game.

Think of the players we would have sold by that criteria!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.