Baseless speculation Iheanacho/Bony

bobom

I know many of us find it increasingly weird that MP seems to prefer Bony to Iheanacho. Some people here might say there is a very straightforward reason for this - that Manuel is a miserable, old, misguided, blind moron who should have been sacked a year ago.

Nevertheless, I was wondering why MP might do this, as I thought Kelechi's performances on the field seemed to add more to the team than Bony's. There are obviously more factors that determine selection than performance and fitness, notably attitude. Could that be the problem? In interviews, however, he always seems very focused - a model professional, imo. But you obviously can't always judge things from the outside.

The other possibility might be around the club's hierarchy: they know Iheanacho has a future at the club, so he has nothing to prove at this stage, but they want to give Bony a spell of games before the summer to see whether he is up to it or not? I have trouble believing this, though, given we are fighting tooth and nail for a CL place (or rather, we should be fighting tooth and nail...)

More informed and knowledgeable comments to inform this baseless, clueless speculation are welcome.

I honestly think it is because Manuel is a very nice chap. And Bony seems a very nice chap. So he plays him to be nice. It's all very nice.

We need someone more ruthless. Not afraid to upset people and play the best team possible no matter who it upsets. Obviously you need a balance, but it's certainly not working as it is now.

I can't think of any logical reason to keep playing Bony over Nacho.

Keep putting Bony out to remind potential buyers he still exists. Hopefully get lucky and at one stage he puts in a performance that warrants some one overspending on him.

Just looks to me like he wants to bow out doing things very much his way. This includes stubbornly using the tactics he believes in despite them being shown to be failing tactics and picking "his" players regardless of merit. Hence Bony who as far as I am aware he specifically requested the club sign being ahead of Kelechi and Demichelis getting the nod on Sunday when even the player himself seems to be aware that he is no longer up to the job. He's probably delighted he has the opportunity to give Willy a few weeks in the team before he goes.

I honestly think it is because Manuel is a very nice chap. And Bony seems a very nice chap. So he plays him to be nice. It's all very nice.

We need someone more ruthless. Not afraid to upset people and play the best team possible no matter who it upsets. Obviously you need a balance, but it's certainly not working as it is now.

The ghost of Saddam Hussain could manage us for me as long as he wins sufficient matches. I don't need nice at my football club, I will happily accept a complete twat if it means winning.

The only logical reason I can think of is that Bony has something in his contract that gives him number two status which I find a ridiculous notion but hard to explain otherwise.

The ghost of Saddam Hussain could manage us for me as long as he wins sufficient matches. I don't need nice at my football club, I will happily accept a complete twat if it means winning.

The only logical reason I can think of is that Bony has something in his contract that gives him number two status which I find a ridiculous notion but hard to explain otherwise.

Surely the ghost of Uday Hussein would be a much better choice ? I think Saddam lacks experience & Uday's unconventional motivational skills were legendary.

Do you mean someone who would have cut off Bony's nuts for putting in some of the shambolic performances that he has done this season?

I think his interview after the League Cup win speaks volumes - Id rather play Caballero and lose than break my promise to play him.
Hes consistently playing players who are not performing and we are losing matches

He's trying to play Bony out of the club for more than a fiver. It's not working. Get Nacho back in. Nacho and Aguero would be a lethal combination. Nacho would give Aguero support and would score goals. This season Nacho has been the better player and it would do him the world of good for next season getting another 8 games under his belt before next season.

I think if he was staying he would play/use Iheanacho more. The consequences of his work over the next few months will not affect him here.
He may well be lining up Bony for his next club. However if Bony didn't feel he had the trust of MP he would never join him.
I also think that's what he's doing with Clichy (who is out of contract in the summer!). Easily our best left back, but I'm surprised Kolarov hasn't had game time against Villa and Norwich and Kiev to an extent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.