Battle of the Bands Final - Beatles v Rolling Stones 217

Re: Battle of the Bands - Radiohead v The Rolling Stones pg 60

Radiohead by a country mile. Can't believe there is anyone out there who listens to music and would believe the Stones are better than Radiohead.

johnmc said:
malg said:
Radiohead by a country mile. Can't believe there is anyone out there who listens to music and would believe the Stones are better than Radiohead.

Wum
Absolutely - the same as the guy who posted the same sort of thing about the Stones on the previous page!

Being seriously middle-aged, this is a tricky one for me.

But I genuinely put Radiohead up there with Pink Floyd for creativity, progression and consistent quality. For those reasons alone, I'm going with Radiohead.

* pushes left-hand handle forward *

Rolling Stones, no contest.

Radiohead have been a good band for the last 20 odd years, but come on in the history of music they won't come close to the Stones... absolute legends and arguably the greatest of all time.

The Rolling Stones needed someone to tell them to reign it all in a bit. They made dozens and dozens of terrible songs. Too many albums, too much filler and shite. If there was someone telling them to increase the percentage of quality by not being so quick to release something new, they could have been so much better. It's about quality not quantity!
[The exact same thing applies to The Beatles!]

That being said, they could be good and when they were good they were great. In fact they were superb!

I like Radiohead. They were decent.

But my vote goes to The Rolling Stones for how good they could be at their best. Still a number of better bands than these though!

danburge82 said:
The Rolling Stones needed someone to tell them to reign it all in a bit. They made dozens and dozens of terrible songs. Too many albums, too much filler and shite. If there was someone telling them to increase the percentage of quality by not being so quick to release something new, they could have been so much better. It's about quality not quantity!
[The exact same thing applies to The Beatles!]

That being said, they could be good and when they were good they were great. In fact they were superb!

I like Radiohead. They were decent.

But my vote goes to The Rolling Stones for how good they could be at their best. Still a number of better bands than these though!

i think if they had split in the seventies their reputation would be greater

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.