Battle of the Bands Final - Beatles v Rolling Stones 217

Re: Battle of the Bands - Queen v Red Hot Chili Peppers pg 85

lefty goldblatt said:
RHCP = Emporer's New Clothes.
I really don't get all the fuss.
Along with Green Day, I don't see why they're hyped to much

Queen
May. Awesome guitarist
Deacon. Fantastic bassist (yes, I know that Flea geezer is good, too)
Mercury. Unbelievable front man.
Taylor....ok, you've got me. Average drummer at best
Wrote some classics (and the odd dodgy track)

Queen all day long for me

I don't think RHCP last 2 albums have been that good but mothers millk and blood sugar sex magik are brilliant.

Queen all day long..

I must say that the first 3 albums are superb but then they started to decline and then decline rapidly after the release of The Game.

They went from being a heavy rock band to a pop band.

Tough one. I'm gonna stay neutral for this one.

Battle of the Bands - Queen v Red Hot Chili Peppers pg 85

Tough one this but I think queen just nick it.

Queen.

RHCP have five decent songs at the most.

Re: Battle of the Bands - The Beatles v Blur pg 68

citykev28 said:
danburge82 said:
Banned Tosspot said:
I don't mind people who like Oasis but if you say they're your favourite band then I just have a little chuckle to myself.

It's just lazy.
I looked at my music collection about three years ago and felt fed up with it. So I researched music right back to the early 1900s to the roots of rock with old folk music; then through the following decades with country and blues; through bluegrass, electric blues; upto rock'n'roll, rhythm'n'blues, rock, psychedelic rock, garage rock, heavy rock, prog rock, punk, post-punk, indie, Madchester, Britpop, grunge right up to present day post-punk and garage rock revival.

This was only part of it as I did the same with electronic music but there were a fair few decades fewer.

What I found was that the only original music in the last sixty years was the birth of electronic music with the likes of Kraftwerk. Nothing else was original. Every genre of rock had looked back at another genre of rock from another decade. So where you say Oasis were a Beatles tribute band (Oasis were far more rock orientated than The Beatles ever were, apart from the odd track, I don't think they're anything like The Beatles and find the comparison a false cliché), The Beatles were just a Buddy Holly tribute band, early doors, and although they were better later on they still copied many others (Karlheinz Stockhausen for example like I've metioned in another post). And you can keep going back and seeing that everyone copied someone else from further back right back to the original folk, country and blues artists from between 1910 to the 1920s.

What I also found was that Oasis still figured right up with all the artists I'd discovered along the way. My personal favourites or those who I think rate the best are The Jimmy Hendrix Experience, The Stooges, Oasis, Muddy Waters, The Black Angels, The Bees, The Brian Jonestown Massacre, Wire, The Stone Roses.

Being born in 1982 and only really remembering music from the explosion of acid house and Madchester as a kid, I don't have any emotions or memories from most of the music I've researched. So no matter how good I think something is, I get more nostalgia and reminiscence from music I've listened to throughout my life. My research opened my eyes to a world of music but also made me appreciate the music I always had.

Now if an Oasis knocker was to pst something as insightful, interesting and well put as that to explain their dislike of them, I might be quite open to it.
Normally though, its the same old tired bullshit.
Nothing of note in that entire boring post.

Insightful? "I've researched everyfink and still like Oasis", well, that's that then!

Both have done some great stuff and sadly stayed together long after a beatles style split would have left them with more credibility. The surviving members of Queen should be shot for everything they have done since Freddie died (and for a few years before), but I'm going for Queen because much as I love RHCP I don't see them being as remembered or influential on rock / pop as Queen with the passing of time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.