Bayern away

Can see this turning into a right fuck up with the French ATC playing up and maybe the Germans as well .:+(
I have travelled to Spain when France ATC went on strike. The plane flew AROUND France. (Would be delays).

ATC going on strike in Germany doesn’t bear thinking about. There are no flights arriving from France to Heathrow at the moment as presumably they can’t take off.

I have travelled to Spain when France ATC went on strike. The plane flew AROUND France. (Would be delays).

ATC going on strike in Germany doesn’t bear thinking about. There are no flights arriving from France to Heathrow at the moment as presumably they can’t take off.
I don't see what can possibly go wrong with our flight to Munich via Paris :+(

Its not ATC in Germany, it’s airport workers, causing the authorities to CLOSE the airport. This has happened to Munich, and other airports, in the last few weeks. If I remember correctly they must give advance notice, so as we get to the start of next week, if no announcement made, we should be OK.

Its not ATC in Germany, it’s airport workers, causing the authorities to CLOSE the airport. This has happened to Munich, and other airports, in the last few weeks. If I remember correctly they must give advance notice, so as we get to the start of next week, if no announcement made, we should be OK.
I make you right. Should be enough time to make some sort of travel contingency, although at what cost.
Thoroughly looking forward to this one. Will worry about contingency if we have any negative news this time next week.

@Maldeika heading over Mon - Sat, planning a trip to Andechs (been before) and doing the Fest on Friday, any suggestions for another day trip 1-2 hours?
What type of trip?

It takes 1 h 23 per Deutsche Bahn to go to Garmisch.
There you could go up the Zugspitze (highest mountain in Germany on the border to Austria) and see down on the world, go sightseeing through the town - or - go to the Partnachklamm.

I never was there - but the village that I was skiing yearly in my youth Leutasch (or went in the summer, too - my homevillage has a partnership with it) is just some miles away on the other side of the border. And they have a gorge, too - the Leutaschgorge. The prettiest things made or most breathtaking are often the ones that nature made!

If you like natural sciences and technics you might even think about staying in Munich and visiting the German Museum.

https://www.deutsches-museum.de/en

If you like city travelling Nuremberg or Salzburg are about the 1-2 hour trip by Bahn away. Or some lakes - even if I think that it is better to travel there when you have a car and can go on a round trip.

Aargh - and here are some others...

The trip is some weeks too early. From May on you can buy a 49-EUR ticket that can be used the whole months on regional trains.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.