Bayern Munich (A) | Post Match Thread

I couldn't disagree more with this. Last night's performance showed that we're ready to win this competition. It's completely unrealistic to expect us to dominate games against Bayern Munich. But we showed grit and determination on top of our skill and control.

Have a look at Bayern's record at home and in the Champions League. It was the draw no one wanted and we have come out on top!

Very harsh to say those players performed below-par. Sometimes you just come up against world class players.

Last season, everyone said Real Madrid couldn't keep playing badly and winning. But they went on and won the thing. No one remembers their performances.

City have grown up.

And I will add , that playing Madrid at ours second leg will suit us just fine, if we can get back to ours with a draw under our belts then us at home will probably be the best atmosphere we will have witnessed in this competition to date.

No shame in saying Bayern played better than us and no shame in saying on another night city could have got knocked out. The way I see it is simple. Ripped them a new one at home by taking our chances and defended like animals in both legs. Munich are a top team. It’s about time we won ugly in this competition. I hope it continues when needed against Madrid.

I get your points TH but a big reason we played within ourselves was due to the 3 goal advantage. The players tried a more contained approach and Bayern also dominated our midfield and flanks. Madrid would no doubt finish their chances but we can also destroy Madrid if we turn up. I expect a similar performance against them at the Bernabeu. Against top teams it’s a coin toss and rub of the green.

We hung on and did enough. Not pretty but it worked and we go through. I will take that over us playing well but not seeing out games.
Its a tough game playing with a 3-0 advantage. In one of the most atmospheric and intimidating atmospheres, against a team who have been historically massive and brilliant in europe for decades.
How you set up to play and this may be away from your normal game, is crucial and Pep got this right last night.
Plus, Rodders was clearly struggling in CM as he was being overrun at times and Gundo who I love btw, is struggling atm, possibly some signs that his legs are going, with our high press and necessary workrate,. Which is a crying shame if true, but we will replace the legend and move on ..... as we always do!

I get your points TH but a big reason we played within ourselves was due to the 3 goal advantage. The players tried a more contained approach and Bayern also dominated our midfield and flanks. Madrid would no doubt finish their chances but we can also destroy Madrid if we turn up. I expect a similar performance against them at the Bernabeu. Against top teams it’s a coin toss and rub of the green.

We hung on and did enough. Not pretty but it worked and we go through. I will take that over us playing well but not seeing out games.
I agree with this, I thought Bayern was brilliant, tactically spot on. They are the only other team in Europe I consider to be as good as us.
However City had a job to do and did it. Your never going to just play Bayern off the park away in the champions league.
City last night played the cautious pass more often than they would usually. If that was 0-0 and a one off game we would of been a lot more expensive and on the front foot I imagine.

I suspect we will be slightly more attacking in Madrid so we can bring a lead home with us.
But last night, it was professional, broke up play when we needed to, took the sting out of the game when it was needed and limited Bayern to very few real chances.
That was Bayern throwing the kitchen sink at us in front of a sell out and vocal crowd. They still only managed to draw the game.

100% we have a lot of blues who do this. There are blues on here who scour the entire media every day looking for perceived slights.

It's insecurity and imposter syndrome and it comes directly from an instinctive fear of Man United.
Yes, I don't see the obsession of what posters have with the media and what they put or didn't put about us or what such a commentator/pundit said or didn't say. Some of the things some posters pick up on is bonkers. I genuinely feel some posters lose sleep over it lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.