Bayern Munich away travel details - UPDATE

Re: Bayern Munich away travel details - STILL AVAILABLE!

feedthegoat27 said:
Wonder if anyone can help...

2 of us flying into Salzburg and getting the train to Munich on the Tuesday of the game. There are a few trains that lunchtime/afternoon, currently priced at between 19 and 22e (only need one way) on the German train website DB Bahn.

Basically, do train fares over there work in a similar fashion to England ie: advance tickets cost less, and the price generally gradually increases the closer you get to day of departure? Or can we rock up at Salzburg station bookingless and still only have to cough up 22e for the ticket? Would prefer to not pre book a train in case of delays but don't want to end up having to shell out a large amount akin to turning up at Man Pic and buying a single to London for example.

Any help much appreciated.

Usually you can get cheaper tickets in advance. But only for the more expansive and faster trains.

For Salzburg it might be better to take a Bayern ticket (Salzburg is included - it costs the same if you get in on the train station - but you are bound to regional trains - but they do not take much longer) - you cannot take any train but it will be cheaper and you can take up to 5 people with you. I will give you details in that thread soon. I just want to look for a decent train connection.

--------------------------------
Salzburg Hbf
Di, 10.12.13 ab 11:09 2:08 0 RE
München Hbf Di, 10.12.13 an 13:17

Salzburg Hbf
Di, 10.12.13 ab 12:09 2:08 0 RE
München Hbf Gl.5-10 Di, 10.12.13 an 14:17

Salzburg Hbf
Di, 10.12.13 ab 13:09 2:02 0 RE
München Hbf Gl.5-10 Di, 10.12.13 an 15:11

That is probably the train connections you looked at.

The saving price of 22 EUR that is named on the bahn.de page is the Bayern ticket for one person. Each additional person up to 5 persons costs you 4 EUR. So it is 26 EUR for two persons.

It seems like that is the online-price. It costs an additional 2 EUR if you buy it at the station. The ticket cannot be refunded.

---------------

The train connections for 19 EUR you found are early booking tickets that cost 31 EUR regulary for each person. It is faster trains - they take 1:27 or 1:42 hours to Munich whereas the regional trains take about 2 hours. The ticket is bound to that connection and you should book them as soon as possible as their probably is only a small quantity available.

----------------

Right now you can choose between the slower train and 26 EUR online booking for 2 persons (no refund) or 28 EUR in Salzburg.

Or

online booking. Slightly faster trains. 38 EUR for both of you. Train bound. You might be able to change the train if you miss it but then you have to pay min. the difference between your tickets and the normal tickets.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you ask myself. When I was a kid we always went to Austria for Skiing. To a small town on the other side of the border to Mittenwald/Garmisch-Partenkirchen or to a little town in the Salzburg area. The best part of that ride always was between the border and Munich, coming into or out of the mountains.

England ain't really in the Alps - so I guess you might enjoy that especially when there is snow (i cannot promise you that but there will be at least on top of the mountains). And then it does not really matter if your ride takes one and a half or two hours (especially if you have beer with you).

That is Salzburg in snow:

weihnachten_salzburg.jpg

I guess it will look great when you fly into town when there is snow. (not on the runway)

-------------

I hope that that helped you!

Re: Bayern Munich away travel details

sharpy51 said:
i kne albert davy said:
sharpy51 said:
it all go down hill now
It will now you've booked in our hotel.
I will bring culture to this trip, already sorted the beer keller list out ,not to mention the market
The only culture you'll bring is if you leave a kebab growing on the window sill.

Anyone else booked in 'wombats hostel'
18 euros - in a 6 bedded mixed dorm!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.wombats-hostels.com/munich/#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.wombats-hostels.com/munich/#</a>

looks great

bainy said:
Anyone else booked in 'wombats hostel'
18 euros - in a 6 bedded mixed dorm!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.wombats-hostels.com/munich/#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.wombats-hostels.com/munich/#</a>

looks great

Yes, there are a least another 12 blues in there.

i kne albert davy said:
sharpy51 said:
i kne albert davy said:
It will now you've booked in our hotel.
I will bring culture to this trip, already sorted the beer keller list out ,not to mention the market
The only culture you'll bring is if you leave a kebab growing on the window sill.

I'm so glad that he is not in my room.

Bigg Bigg Blue said:
i kne albert davy said:
sharpy51 said:

Its not that bad if you ignore the strange smell and the sight of him in Y fronts.

i kne albert davy said:
Bigg Bigg Blue said:
i kne albert davy said:

Its not that bad if you ignore the strangle smell and the sight of him in Y fronts.

I repeat, I am so glad that he is not in my room.

UEFA Champions League Group Stage - Ticket Information

Bayern Munich v Manchester City

Tuesday 10th December 2013

Kick-off – 8.45pm (local time)

The Club has received an allocation of 3,200 tickets priced as follows:

£35 Adults

Please note concession prices are not available for this game.

Tickets will be available online at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/tickets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/tickets</a>, by telephone on 0161 444 1894 (option 1, option 1, option 2)* and to personal callers at the Ticket Office above the City Store at the Etihad Stadium for supporters that meet the following criteria:
2013/14 Platinum/Gold Seasoncard holders on the UEFA Competition Cup Scheme with 10,000 or more loyalty points – Wednesday 6th November at 9am
2013/14 Platinum/Gold Seasoncard holders on the UEFA Competition Cup Scheme with 9,000 or more loyalty points – Thursday 7th November at 9am
2013/14 Platinum/Gold Seasoncard holders on the UEFA Competition Cup Scheme with 8,000 or more loyalty points – Friday 8th November at 9am
2013/14 Platinum/Gold Seasoncard holders on the UEFA Competition Cup Scheme with 7,000 or more loyalty points – Saturday 9th November at 9am
2013/14 Platinum/Gold Seasoncard holders on the UEFA Competition Cup Scheme with 6,000 or more loyalty points – Monday 11th November at 9am
2013/14 Platinum/Gold Seasoncard holders on the UEFA Competition Cup Scheme with 5,000 or more loyalty points – Tuesday 12th November at 9am

*Tickets purchased over the telephone will be subject to a £2.50 booking fee per ticket.

Should any tickets remain; further selling criteria will be announced on the website.

Re: Bayern Munich away travel details.

Booked on the day trip for Munich.

Anyone know when are E-tickets will be mailed out, who we are flying with, and when the rest of the cash will be took out our accounts ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.