Bayern Munich (H) - CL QF | Post Match Thread

Dunno what Tuchel is on about. 2nd half, we had already begun to turn the screw before the 70th minute but when KDB went off the pitch injured putting us a man down briefly, this interrupted our gathering momentum and allowed Bayern to regain possession for a short spell. Once we were back to 11, particularly with Alvarez on, we put the hammer down and only Sommer stood between Bayern and an irretrievable battering.

Dias was my MOTM, not just because he was magnificent on the night (as they all were) but his performance actually started in the pre-match press conference where he put in a crunching tackle on that crusty wank sock of a journo (Jackson?). Ruben kept his fury in check having been insulted – basically, ‘you’re too slow to deal with speedy Munich’ – and gave a measured response of ‘we will see on the night’ only to be met with an embarrassing and infantile “Why will we see?”

And that level of scalpel-like journalistic probing I’m sure provided the basis, at least in part, for a Ruben motivational speech to his team mates pre-game. Either that or he just played the offending video clip on a loop in the changing room.

Anyway, the tie isn’t over. I’m not nervous, I’m confident but I’m not ready to write off those bratwurst botherers, VAR or the referee just yet…

Dias dealt with that idiot brilliantly. It was like he'd already seen the game and new the result. It speaks volumes for the self belief and determination in the club at the moment. Great to see.

Dias dealt with that idiot brilliantly. It was like he'd already seen the game and new the result. It speaks volumes for the self belief and determination in the club at the moment. Great to see.
If we can stay clear of any injuries now, and we manage to get past Bayern, then I really feel we can finally win the CL this season and I can get over that painful chelsea final defeat

The bedrock of our performance was the defence , we were superb ,if we keep to that standard we will beat the German Rags at the Allianz as well ,in fact if we can keep to level of defending we will win the treble , tempting fate ,but we are looking unbeatable at the moment Pep has discovered the right formula and tactics and the players are looking fresh due to clever rotation.

I watched it back and we had at least twice the goal opportunities of Bayern. I counted 4 for them and 11 for us including the goals. If our performance remains consistent we will get past them. Of that I am very confident.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.