Bayern Munich @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City Vs Bayern Munich Pre Match Thread

Bluep*ss said:
Feed the Elk said:
looking forward to watching the game tonight on tv and listening to the commentators drum into the heads of those watching how we are going to go out tonight if but and whatever blah blah blah, how quiet it is in the stadium, how we don't know how to defend and the old favourite... how we are naive in europe

Arseholes - really hope we batter munich tonight if only to shut up the myriad of detractors

+ the empty seats.........
not really arseholes are they? all of the above is true

Shaelumstash said:
I don't think it's going to happen, but given the amount of players we have out, I'd go for the following tonight:

Zabba.......Kompany.....DeMichelis.....Clichy
................................Fernando
.......................Nasri..................Lampard
Navas...........................................................Milner
...................................Aguero

I think that way we are playing Fernando is his natural position as a holding player in a 3. Lampard left of centre in a 3, where he's played his whole career, and Nasri in the position where he excelled for Arsenal. Then you have Milner on the left tracking Robben and giving extra cover for Clichy. Navas as a threat on the break on the other side, and obviously Kun picks himself.

I understand the clamour for Milner to play in the middle for his work rate, but I think we have literally no one else availableo in the squad that can do a job defensively for us wide. Also I think with the three I've selected here, they are all comfortable in those positions, there may be an argument there isn't enough work rate in there, but with the extra man it gives us the opportunity to keep the ball better, so hopefully we wouldn't be chasing the ball around as much as last season.

It's essentially a straight choice between Jovetic and Lampard, and for me the main threat we face is getting outnumbered / outclassed in midfield. Playing Jovetic just makes that task all the harder. Lampard isn't the player he was, but he can play left of a 3 with his eyes closed, he's not been able to play in that position for the last few years as us or Chelsea haven't been playing that way. His legs may have gone, but he'll keep the ball for fun which is what we need tonight.

Milner always excels in the big games when doing a hard working job wide. I fear that if he plays in the middle, his limitations in terms of technique and speed of decision making might be exposed against such high quality opposition.

I'd expect us to go 442 with Milner central, Lampard out and Jovetic in, but personally I'd leave that as a change we could make late on if we get desperate. If we start like that we could be 2 or 3 down after 25 minutes like last season.

Whichever way we go, I just hope we give it everything, but remain professional and don't lose our heads like the Moscow game. We can definitely beat these, we did it last year, and let's not forget over the last 3 seasons we have one of the best home records in the whole of Europe. Let's get back to making the Etihad a fortress, Come on City!

cant disagree with this to be fair.

Teams new in the CL are normally out 1.15 hours before the game. Should be any minute.

I have good feeling about this. We will batter them with Aguero brace and goals for Jovetic and Nasri. 4-1 or 4-2!!

CITY XI: Hart, Sagna, Kompany (C), Mangala, Clichy, Fernando, Navas, Lampard, Milner, Nasri, Aguero

SUBS: Caballero, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Boyata, Jovetic, Glendon, Pozo

Zaba on the bench :(.

Weak team from Bayern. Not the weakest though.

#FCBayern line-up vs. @MCFC: Neuer (C) - Alonso, Benatia, Ribery, Lewandowski, Robben, Rafinha, Boateng, Bernat, Rode, Hojbjerg

Substitutes/Einwechselspieler: Zingerle - Dante, Shaqiri, Götze, Müller, Schweinsteiger, Gaudino

We can win this looking at the teams, 5 in midfield finally!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.