BBC GMR

mcfc78

Wasnt fortunate to be at today's hammering of the gunners, so tuned in to GMR.. What a disaster that station is,, .The coverage was driving mad,, they are so down beat constantly its unbelievable.. That Gleghorn is worse the cheery Fred Eyre.. They basically slated us whenever possible, and it took until we went 3-1 up for them to say positive comments... When we went on to go 4-1 up against arsenal,, they switched over to the bolton game... It was ridiculous,, and pissed me off after a tremendous win,,, anyway, had my rant now, so i'll wait for a backlash from a few??

I put it on for 10 minutes before the game then switched off as it was like going back 20yrs in time. Piss poor.

Listened to the phone in at the end and I turned it off when a little kid came on.

mcfc78 said:
Wasnt fortunate to be at today's hammering of the gunners, so tuned in to GMR.. What a disaster that station is,, .The coverage was driving mad,, they are so down beat constantly its unbelievable.. That Gleghorn is worse the cheery Fred Eyre.. They basically slated us whenever possible, and it took until we went 3-1 up for them to say positive comments... When we went on to go 4-1 up against arsenal,, they switched over to the bolton game... It was ridiculous,, and pissed me off after a tremendous win,,, anyway, had my rant now, so i'll wait for a backlash from a few??

Totally agree. I gave GMR 15 mins then went on city's website and listened to the key 103 commentary with Andy Hinchliffe and i found that quite good.

glad to hear it isnt just me then guys... andy morrison should be offered a few games on the radio.. least he would have a bit of passion and personality.. glad i dont have to tune into it weekly...

mcfc78 said:

I listened too. I don't have an issue with Ian Cheeseman - he's a decent commentator and a lifelong Blue to boot - but, I agree, Nigel Gleghorn is a poor pundit. He's not the most eloquent chap and sounded downright miserable for most of the match today. And his references to "Manchester City" really, really bug me. How's about "City", Nige, or "us/we", maybe? Or has Mr Geordie not got our club at heart?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.