BBC2 10pm. Rik Mayall

Watched it on iplayer this morning. I found out that he was at Manchester Uni at the same time as me.

Kevin Turvey, Dangerous brothers, Young Ones, Bottom, The New Statesman, Lord Flasheart.... All genius touched with a little madness maybe?

Strange that Ade and Nigel didn't show up on it maybe it was too soon for them and how old did Mike look, loved Mayall since Kevin Turvey and young ones days

Blue Maverick said:
Strange that Ade and Nigel didn't show up on it maybe it was too soon for them and how old did Mike look, loved Mayall since Kevin Turvey and young ones days

I wondered that myself. Definitely a few missing, especially Ade. I found the show very sad if I'm honest.

Just found this quote actually.

*Edmondson said this to the Guardian in October: "I was sent the synopsis and it was all wacky and wild. You could see it was just going to be a load of talking heads and clips, so I pulled out of that…I just think he deserves something better than that. And I think, if someone important dies, you can’t be flippant about it.”

Well that's fair enough I suppose, he was his best mate. It's a shame all the same.

First thing I messaged my brother when it happened was a photo of Rik in the Bottom christmas special with his finger on backwards haha

Ha, first thing I thought of aswell.

I adored the Bottom stage show to the point where me and my mates probably watched the VHS a million times and know every word to it. We still reference it.

I went down a rabbit hole on Youtube recently of Rik interviews and I really enjoyed this one:

(You'll have to click on it to watch it)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.