beckams bubble bursts

I was there last night, and no I wasn't the fan is question.
Much ado about nothing as far as I'm concerned.
Even as a blue I think he made the right decision.
He only came here because he thought his England career was over.
They started off booing him but it diminished a bit everytime he got the ball.
By the time half time came it was almost all done.
He got a standing ovation when he was subbed halfway through the second half.
I'd boo him for his red connections and the fact he can't stop talking about City, but not his decision to go and play in Milan for a few months rather than this tinpot league.

Hollywood Blue said:
I was there last night, and no I wasn't the fan is question.
Much ado about nothing as far as I'm concerned.
Even as a blue I think he made the right decision.
He only came here because he thought his England career was over.
They started off booing him but it diminished a bit everytime he got the ball.
By the time half time came it was almost all done.
He got a standing ovation when he was subbed halfway through the second half.
I'd boo him for his red connections and the fact he can't stop talking about City, but not his decision to go and play in Milan for a few months rather than this tinpot league.

The problem with this stance is that Beckham knew full well when he signed on that it was a "tinpot league", but signed anyway. If his primary concern is getting in the England squad then why go to the Galaxy in the first place? The truth is Beckham and his representation made a bad decision, and Beckham looks like a spoiled little brat now for wanting to leave a team he claimed (on many occasions) he was totally committed to.

Some folks don't half get hung up on every little thing Beckham does. Never known a player to weed out so many people with flawless morals as this thread proves.
I'm sure the lad isn't losing any sleep over this incident. The France '98 fallout was much bigger than this.
The guy will go down in history as a legend and icon........and thoroughly deserves to.

Ghost in my house said:
Some folks don't half get hung up on every little thing Beckham does. Never known a player to weed out so many people with flawless morals as this thread proves.
I'm sure the lad isn't losing any sleep over this incident. The France '98 fallout was much bigger than this.
The guy will go down in history as a legend and icon........and thoroughly deserves to.

The difference is he's was a young kid at France 98, and he made a petulant mistake. He's now (somehow) captained his country, and played for some of the biggest clubs in the world (apart from LA Galaxy) and he resorts to screaming at fans! Isn't the reason/his excuse for selling out his career, that he was to promote their league. Well first of all turning his back on the club when he got a better offer isn't a great advert for the MLS and his latest histrionics are neither a good advert for LA Galaxy, the MLS or football as a game. It's clear he hasn't learned or grown up a bit from France 98. Beckham may be a world class shirt sales man, but an icon? Do me a favour.

Ghost in my house said:

His crown has slipped quite a bit recently though, hasn't it.

There's more than a hint of bitterness coming through with his comments about Kaka and JT.

I used to respect the bloke, but not anymore.

So ff your girlfriend leaves you for another man you're not supposed to mind as long as he's better looking or wealthier?

I think he's pretty obviously orchestrating a dispute with fans in order to excuse his imminent departure.

His press conference statements the other day sounded like they'd been written by his wife. When she was pissed.

(For the record, I don't like either of the Beckhams very much.)

It's great to see that he has been found out at last and of all places on the west coast of the US!(known even in a country of easygoing sports fans as the most easygoing!).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.