Beckenbauer's off...again!

KentBlue

Franz Beckenbauer believes England look "burnt out" ahead of their second-round match against Germany at the World Cup in South Africa.

The two sides will meet in Bloemfontein on Sunday after England failed to win Group C despite beating Slovenia 1-0.

"Stupidly, the English have slipped up a little by finishing second in their group," said German great Beckenbauer.

"The English look a little tired... they are burnt out. We respect them but we certainly don't fear them."

T*at!

He is a twont of the first order but he does make some good points there.

Let them keep thinking that, I'd like to bet they will up the pace and hopefully catch the Germans on the back foot on Sunday.

What amazes me about people like Beckenbauer is that they firmly believe we want to listen to what they have got to say, or what they have to say is worth listening to.

He was a precocious little shit when he was eighteen, and as Harold Wilson once said of Tony Benn, I think, he has grown more immature with the years. Interestingly, Wiki has him born in Munich, September, 1945, taking into account the human gestation period, that would put his conception in the early days of 1945. Now Munich was liberated from most things Nazi in April 1945, so Franz might well have known who is father was, but Dad certainly wasn't protecting the Fatherland.

What exactly has he said that's wrong?
England did slip up by finishing second in the group, and they do look burnt out.

It happens every time, it's just media propaganda, nothing to get bothered about.

england5c.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.