Beckham Not selected for Olympics

Unknown_Genius said:
Crouchinho said:
Poor decision not to include him really.

5-6 of these players aren't going to play anyway, so already they could have included him.

The amount of work that he did to bring the olympics to London was great. If it wasn't for the corruption regarding the world cup we would have got more votes too.

People need to take off their City Specs really. If he had played for City I'm sure people would want him in the squad.

He attracts big crowds and tourists, bringing more money into the economy. Whether he plays or not the shirt sales would have been insane.

Who wants to travel 12,000 miles to see a no neck criminal and a yogaman adulterer? I know many stupid women would travel for Beckham. You only have to look at the away crowds and home of LA Galaxy

Pearce again shows he's a plum

Question: Is he currently one of the 3 best British footballers over the age of 23? If the answers no, then there's no point debating it any further.

And its shouldn't be about how much work he did to get the Olympics to London, crowd attraction, money he'll bring, etc. It should be a footballing decision, based on how well he is playing. That should be the only factor considered. IMO Beckham is not one of the 3 best overage players, therefore he shouldn't have been picked. Nothing to do with me being a City fan. Any other external reason, just undermines the whole thing, and send out completely the wrong messages.

The olympics are mickey mouse and you'll get players who won't play. The amount it's cost the taxpayer already, it would be nice to get some of that back.

If it's football based I wouldn't have taken Bellamy and Giggs either. Especially no neck.

Crouchinho said:
Unknown_Genius said:
Crouchinho said:
Poor decision not to include him really.

5-6 of these players aren't going to play anyway, so already they could have included him.

The amount of work that he did to bring the olympics to London was great. If it wasn't for the corruption regarding the world cup we would have got more votes too.

People need to take off their City Specs really. If he had played for City I'm sure people would want him in the squad.

He attracts big crowds and tourists, bringing more money into the economy. Whether he plays or not the shirt sales would have been insane.

Who wants to travel 12,000 miles to see a no neck criminal and a yogaman adulterer? I know many stupid women would travel for Beckham. You only have to look at the away crowds and home of LA Galaxy

Pearce again shows he's a plum

Question: Is he currently one of the 3 best British footballers over the age of 23? If the answers no, then there's no point debating it any further.

And its shouldn't be about how much work he did to get the Olympics to London, crowd attraction, money he'll bring, etc. It should be a footballing decision, based on how well he is playing. That should be the only factor considered. IMO Beckham is not one of the 3 best overage players, therefore he shouldn't have been picked. Nothing to do with me being a City fan. Any other external reason, just undermines the whole thing, and send out completely the wrong messages.

The olympics are mickey mouse and you'll get players who won't play. The amount it's cost the taxpayer already, it would be nice to get some of that back.

If it's football based I wouldn't have taken Bellamy and Giggs either. Especially no neck.

If you think its a mickey mouse tournament, then surely including him is more disrespectful than ignoring him, because you're pretty much telling him he's washed up, and only good enough to play in these mickey mouse tournaments. There's also no point picking him if he's not going to feature.

Unknown_Genius said:
Crouchinho said:
Unknown_Genius said:

If you think its a mickey mouse tournament, then surely including him is more disrespectful than ignoring him, because you're pretty much telling him he's washed up, and only good enough to play in these mickey mouse tournaments. There's also no point picking him if he's not going to feature.

He's past his best, I think every man and his dog knows this, but a mickey mouse competition is fine for him. Every slag in the world wants to follow him, it could have drawn a lot of people.

You only have to look at the cash generated by United, Madrid and Galaxy from shirt sales to know it would have been a nice idea. But we get no neck Bellamy going instead who's done nothing of note like Beckham for a couple of seasons

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.